My husband and I returned from Dreams December 10th. we were celebrating our anniversary. This isn't our first trip to Mexico, but our first trip to Dreams Puerto Aventuras.
Our check in was smooth and we were given a king room (520) overlooking the family pool and with a great view of the ocean. With our room overlooking the family pool I was a little concerned about the noise. But I shouldn't have worried. We never heard any loud noise from the pool area. Well, except for the birds. And boy, they are LOUD. I was also concerned about the air conditioning in the hotel after reading some of the reviews. I found the air conditioner in our room worked very well. I even found the room to be a little chilly at night and had to adjust the air.
We found the beach very pretty and plenty of chairs available, but found an even better part of the beach. Much quieter, mostly adults and it had a great little swimming hole protected by the reef. Service at the bar was great! Domingo was always smiling and makes the best Mojitos. (Have him make the mojito with Absolute Citrone.) Willy was the server and was always checking on us to see if we needed anything.
I found the food at the buffet to be very nice. I found plenty of variety each day.
We ate at Portofinos on two different nights. Our wait to get seated was never more than 10-15 minutes and the food was fantastic. I have been to Italy a few times and the food at Portofinos was just as good as in Italy. I did not find the wait for my food to be excessive. Each course was brought out in prompt fashion and presented well.
We ate at the Seaside Grill a few times, and I have to say, the Fish Tacos and Juicy Lucy Burgers are great. We had sushi from the sushi restaurant and I have to say it was some of the best I have had.
The hotel does a good job of offering entertainment. We went to three of the shows and had a good time at each. I did not find any of the staff forcing the time share issue with us. We simply stated we weren't interested and they backed off. I had a massage at the spa and was very pleased with the massage and the price.
This resort is in a gated community with other hotels and there is a little shopping area you can walk to. If you are the "party hard" night life kind of person, this resort is probably not for you. We found it to be fun and peaceful at the same time.
I have travelled around the world and found the rooms at Dreams to be clean and well equipped. The bed was comfortable, the TV has english stations, the mini bar was always stocked. My only complaint was the ice machined on the floors did not work well. But one call to room service and we had ice within 10 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico