5,411 results
All reviews seaside grill world cafe el patio adult pool family pool dreams pa barracuda bar sushi restaurant preferred club explorers club natural pool dolphin view coco cafe marina side water show fish tacos kids club
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My husband and I returned from Dreams December 10th. we were celebrating our anniversary. This isn't our first trip to Mexico, but our first trip to Dreams Puerto Aventuras.
Our check in was smooth and we were given a king room (520) overlooking the family pool and with a great view of the ocean. With our room overlooking the family pool I was a little concerned about the noise. But I shouldn't have worried. We never heard any loud noise from the pool area. Well, except for the birds. And boy, they are LOUD. I was also concerned about the air conditioning in the hotel after reading some of the reviews. I found the air conditioner in our room worked very well. I even found the room to be a little chilly at night and had to adjust the air.
We found the beach very pretty and plenty of chairs available, but found an even better part of the beach. Much quieter, mostly adults and it had a great little swimming hole protected by the reef. Service at the bar was great! Domingo was always smiling and makes the best Mojitos. (Have him make the mojito with Absolute Citrone.) Willy was the server and was always checking on us to see if we needed anything.
I found the food at the buffet to be very nice. I found plenty of variety each day.
We ate at Portofinos on two different nights. Our wait to get seated was never more than 10-15 minutes and the food was fantastic. I have been to Italy a few times and the food at Portofinos was just as good as in Italy. I did not find the wait for my food to be excessive. Each course was brought out in prompt fashion and presented well.
We ate at the Seaside Grill a few times, and I have to say, the Fish Tacos and Juicy Lucy Burgers are great. We had sushi from the sushi restaurant and I have to say it was some of the best I have had.
The hotel does a good job of offering entertainment. We went to three of the shows and had a good time at each. I did not find any of the staff forcing the time share issue with us. We simply stated we weren't interested and they backed off. I had a massage at the spa and was very pleased with the massage and the price.
This resort is in a gated community with other hotels and there is a little shopping area you can walk to. If you are the "party hard" night life kind of person, this resort is probably not for you. We found it to be fun and peaceful at the same time.
I have travelled around the world and found the rooms at Dreams to be clean and well equipped. The bed was comfortable, the TV has english stations, the mini bar was always stocked. My only complaint was the ice machined on the floors did not work well. But one call to room service and we had ice within 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Room Tip - Room 518 (next to us) is a corner room with a jacuzzi on one side of the balcony and a great view of the ocean on the other side of the balcony. The next time we return to Dreams, I am requesting that room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lmodell
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Lmodell,

It was always extremely gratifying for us to hear that our guests enjoy their time here with us and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and the tripadvisor community.

Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with our entire team to be addressed and where necessary improved. Domingo and Willy will both be paricularly pleased to hear that their efforts were recognized.

We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have stayed at other AM resorts and thought that this would be a similar experience but I was wrong and terribly disappointed, so much so that I checked out after just one night.

To begin with, when checking in, the front desk displayed a bowl of apples floating in water. The apples were covered with mold and the water cloudy.. Not one person at the front desk or hotel noticed or cared?? The ice machines were covered with mold. The cement portion of the terrace was old and cracked. The pool was small and out of date. The beach was unappealing. The water where the dolphins swam was cloudy - a place I would never want to swim with the dolphins. There was one nice beach bar where you could sit and watch the sunset but it only had 2 chairs facing the water. I have never checked out of a hotel before but I ran at the first opportunity and checked into the Now Jade which was paradise in comparison.

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank penelopefields
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear penelopefields,

We are extremely concerned by the extremely poor perception you appear to have formed of us taking into consideration that you were here with us less than 24 hours. We apologize that our facilities were did meet with your full approval and we would like to apologize for any confusion regarding our apple display at the front desk. These apples are for decorative purposes only and are not meant for consumption however please rest assured that your comments have been addressed.

The water within our dolphinarium is completely natural and as such the daily cleaning is done via filters which will lead to the water not being as transparent as in other artificial dolphin pools. This is done for the welfare of the dolphins and is mandatory for all dolphin facilities. We apologize for any bad impressions this may have caused.

We are confident that had you chosen to remain at our resort for more than one day you would have had the chance to fully experience and enjoy the high levels of service and quality that we are known for.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the near future and change the poor perception you seem to have of us.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We couldn't have had a better time! The resort was BEAUTIFUL, the staff were super friendly, and everyone made us feel like we were stars! Our wedding was perfect, and worry-free. GREAT food, service, and accommodations! We will be coming back again, hopefully every year!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are fabulous, and you can hear the music and pool activities - Great fun! And in case you want your beauty sleep, the whole resort gets quiet by 10:00 pm, as a courtesy to all guests.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 737Barbara

Dear 737Barbara,

First and foremost, we would liketo congratulate you on your recent nuptials. It was an honor for us to host such a special occasion for you both and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed not only your big day but also your entire stay here with us.

It would be an honor to be able to welcome you back here with us and we truly hope that this stay was the first of many.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I my opinion the resort was very inviting . All the restaurants were excellent & a very nice adults only area. The resort was just my size, everything was easy to get to ( no golf carts needed here).Great value !

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank lllenz

Dear lllenz,

We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Dreams Puerto Aventuras and we would like to truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Tripadvisor community.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Econcierge & Social Media Coordinator

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was looking forward to the stay at the Dreams Puerto Aventuras. We had stayed at the Sunscape in Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) and wanted to see what the better Dreams category would be like.
The ride from the Cancun airport took us 50 minutes. The hotel is inside a gated community with other hotels, condos and some shops.
The hotel itself is relatively small. It reminded us of the Sol Melia Cozumel.
The big issue we had with this hotel was check-in. We had booked the family room (a bigger room with a sofa bed), which is more expensive than a regular room. When check-in in we specifically asked if the room they gave us was a family room. They said yes.
We get there and sure enough it wasn't a family room. They had changed it on us without even telling us. Back at the front-desk they claimed that bedding was not guaranteed... We're not talking about bedding here, but room type. They claimed that they had given us an upgrade (ocean view). There wasn't even an apology for overbooking. Just that they could give us a family room the next day. We had to stay one night in that other room. The thing we didn't know about that room (316) is where it was. We went to bed at 10pm exhausted from the travel and got woken up at 10:30 with loud music. Room 316 is right above the bar that from 10:30pm to 1am turns into a disco!!!
The next day we moved into a family room and we were able to enjoy the rest of our vacation. But this overbooking was prevalent. We could hear many other guests being told they didn't get the room they booked.

The rooms were nice with marble floors and good beds (not soft, this is Mexico) and the maids did a wonderful job cleaning up. The buffet food was very limited and repetitive. You don't need reservations for restaurants, but the wait at Portofino is 1h. Of course they don't tell you that. They tell you 30min, and when you come back tell you 30min more, because "the guest are taking a long time to eat". We realized why when we finally got seated. The service was sooo slow, probably on purpose to limit the amount of guests served at those restaurants.
The other restaurants (grill, seafood & mexican) weren't as busy so this was only an issue for us once.
You don't get bracelets at this resort, but the flip side is that they have to ask you for your room number and name everywhere. I prefer bracelets.
Now to the good things. The resort was spotless. You can't beat the kids club that is open until 10pm! We were able to enjoy adults-only dinners while our kids were having fun.
The shows are nice, they hire entertainers instead of having their staff perform. There were some famous ones from the US (comedian/juggler, lasso guy, illusionist) as well as local ones (circus performers, rock).
The drinks are good (foreign brands) and the staff is attentive (except for the front desk).
The beach sits near remnants of a coral reef, but the first 3- yards didn't have any rocks. I managed to spot a sting ray, a moray eel, crabs, countless fish.
The hotel has a cafe which serves lattes, cappuccinos, espressos, regular coffee as well as sandwiches and pastries. It also has 2 computers with internet access. There is free WIFI throughout the hotel.

In the end we managed to enjoy our stay despite the overbooking, but won't forget it. I'll stick to larger resorts for the next time. They don't suffer from overbooking as much and have more variety.

Room Tip: Avoid the 3rd floor above the disco like room 316
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank travel2dive

Dear travel2dive,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback here on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are extremely sorry to hear that our facilities did not meet with your full approval. All guest feedback, both positive and negative, allows us the opportunity to improve our services. Please rest assured that your kind comments regarding our staff will be shared with our operations team.

We apologize that the complimentary room upgrade offered on behalf of our front desk team was not to your entire satisfaction. We are glad to hear that our front desk team were able to relocate your family.

We are concerned to hear that you did not enjoy the no bracelet, no reservation policy we offer here as part of the Unlimited Luxury concept. This is something that many guests comment positively about however we understand that this is down to personal perception and we apologize for any bad impressions this may have caused.

Once again, thank you for expressing your opinion; it is very important to us as we are always looking for ways to improve our service and achieve ultimate guest satisfaction.