5,384 results
All reviewsseaside grillworld cafeel patioadult poolfamily pooldreams pabarracuda barsushi restaurantpreferred clubexplorers clubnatural pooldolphin viewcoco cafemarina sidewater showfish tacoskids club
Reviewed 27 December 2013

First - the kids club was amazing - Ceidi, Sarai, Gabriela, Cristal, Karina were fantastic! I had no intention of using the kids club since this was our first family vacation, but my kids (8 and 5) wanted to go almost every day of our 10 day holiday. There was always an activity for the kids either from kids club or the entertainment team it was amazing.
Coming from The Now Amber in p.vallarta last year which is brand new made a tough comparison on this older in need of tlc resort, but we had a good time and it was good value for money. This resort is small which we loved! It is easy to get around had an awesome beach so many fish to see - perfect for our kids!
There was some construction going on it was a non-issue.
The buffet was small, but the food was good. The a la carte dining was excellent. Great drinks had many top shelf liquor options available. My huband ws happy since they had fluer de cana rum. I enjoyed both the house red and white wine with dinners and I am a bit of a red wine snob! Great service from staff who were especially nice to me when I got laryngitis - thanks coco cafe for all the hot tea!
Rooms - I highly recommend if your kids are as terrible to sleep with as mine are get a bigger room! Our room had 2 double beds and we had a cot, but beds are too small for me and my 6 foot tall husband and sharing with the kids was awful so get a family room or a king and with cots just too small for us! It is very humid the rooms stayed that way we got used to it after all it is a tropical vacation.
Weather for December was pretty good some rain, but hot every day but 1 was raining when we left, but it seemed to be a quick downpour and then good again.
My husband and son did the dolphin swim they both loved it, but the manatees were my favourite! Do not bother with the walking tour because they just take you around the dolphinarium in the town. Our phone was not working properly for first few days, but then they replaced it with a new one. No towel art on bed for kids we did tip maid daily, but maybe they don't do that at this resort - not a big deal at all. The concierge staff called our room several times over our holiday to check if we needed anything which was very nice. We received breakfast in our room with mimosas for our anniversary.
Overall a good trip and we would return with the kids. If ou have any questions message me.

Room Tip: Need a bigger room if you are a family of 4 the basic garden room with 2 double beds is too small.
4  Thank Devona35
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Devona35,

We truly appreciate the time to taken to share your review with the tripadvisor community following yoru recent stay with us here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. We are extremely pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your time here.

Our kid's club staff will be delighted to hear that they made such an impression on your children.

Please rest assured that all of your comments will be shared with the pertinent departments so that they can be addressed and where possible improved.

Thank you for the kind offer to assist our future guests with any questions they may have, That is a very generous offer on your part and we greatly appreciate it!

We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I was a little surprised by the size of this resort when I first arrived, it's smaller than the ones I've been to previously. However, the size really started to grow on me towards the end. I'll explain.

The first 4 days of our vacation were pouring rain, so it was really nice that all the restaurants and amenities are all within walking distance, heck, you don't even need to leave the building complex to get from the hotel rooms to the buffet restaurant to the evening entertainment room. Also, the staff try really hard to keep the guests entertained despite weather.

I have two young ones (2 and 4 yr) toddlers, so the size of the beach was absolute fantastic, I felt safe as I can easily scan for them when we're at the beach.

The restaurants are average, but I must rave about the explorers club. My son, generally shy, enjoyed the kids club so much that he's been begging to go back to see Gabriela! Krystal and Sarai did a great job as well. The club has variety of kids entertainment (while we were there, they had cake making on the beach, cookie baking, yoga at the each, lots of arts and crafts, swimming, etc) and I think it was perfect for my son's age. Looking forward to next year when we can drop our younger one there as well.

I highly recommend this resort for family with young kids.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jaspinall
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear jaspinall,

Thank you for choosing Dreams Puerto Aventuras for your recent family vacation and for the time taken to share your feedback with us and the tripadvisor community.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the smaller size of our resort. Our kid's club staff will be absolutely delighted to hear that your son enjoyed his time with them.

We truly hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We got back just before Christmas from a 10 day stay. The frontline staff are great, as we almost always find in Mexico, but they struggle with a moldy building & problems that come down from above. Compared with the other Dreams Resort we have been to this is definitely a poor comparison. We had a good holiday, despite the shortcomings, and there are definitely some good points about this Dreams.

The room we got on arrival proved to be continually damp & smelly, with mold in the corners, the shower had almost no water and came close to scalding me when someone used the water in another room. My wife and I started coughing, and only related this to the room after we got relocated to a dry room on a higher floor, after which our coughs subsided. The hotel should not be renting-out a room in this condition, in my opinion.

Some of the furnishings in the restaurants, bars and lobby are very worn and split. Many of them seem to be dirty to me.

The towels! Well, there is a scramble for new beach towels when they appear and many people end-up just taking the towels back to their room at the end of the day so they have one for the morning. Never had this in any of the other 4 or 5 start resorts we have stayed in. C'mon you management whiz-kids, you can fix this!

The buffet seems barely able to keep up with demand at times, with empty food trays and rushed looking waiters that we felt sorry for. The glasses (plastic) are very scratched, worn and chipped.

The beach is not groomed all over on a regular basis and with the density of use in this small space, we found the sand towards the water to be dirty with cigarette butts and other small debris. Not nice for the little ones.

If the Dreams organization, which is quite large, has a trouble-shooting team, this place needs you.

Again, I say that the waiters, housekeeping and concierge staff were friendly, and gave us good service and help. They seem to struggle with the facility to keep their standard up. They deserve my thanks and every dollar bill that I left around.

1  Thank glassbrain

Dear GlassBrain,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share you feedback with us here on Tripadvisor. We are extremely sorry to hear that our facilities did not meet with your full approval. All guest feedback, both positive and constructive, allows us the opportunity to improve our services.

Thank you for adding positive comments regarding our staff team and the service received from them. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with our executive team in order to be addressed and where necessary improved.

Once again, thank you for expressing your opinion; it is very important to us as we are always looking for ways to improve our service and achieve ultimate guest satisfaction.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the near future and change the poor perception you seem to have of us.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We arrived at this hotel on Dec 13 2013 expecting to see the luxury that we experience at the Grand Sirenis a few years back. This hotel however is completely different. The place is very poorly maintained, you can see the lack of love and care the minute you get inside the lobby. The place is like vising a motel 6. The beds are tiny. We are not large people by any stretch of imagination but my husband and I had to sleep in different beds b/c the beds were so small. Rooms are very noisy at night - you will hear all the kids crying, coughing, doors slamming, pretty much the whole night. Service is horrible (took us 3+ hours to get dinner the only night we were there) and then our Apple Rep made us feel bad for asking to move to another resort, like it was our fault for being disappointing. The HVAC system is terrible, and humidity inside the rooms is unbelievable. This hotel attracts a lower class crowd, but what I wish I could tell everyone is that for the same money you can have so much more. The only reason we picked this place in the first place is b/c their kids club accepts kids age 3 but it was definitely not reason enough for us to stay. Their foods is ok, we did stay there long enough to try breakfast and visit the beach, both of which were good, but not enough to make us stay. So not to sound all negative, our vacation turned out amazing b/c we paid $300 extra to move to Grand Siranis, a 15 minute drive away, with amazing accommodations, decent food, tons of kid-friendly activities including a kids club. My advice is to stay away.

Room Tip: Run, don't walk to another resort!
3  Thank Olga T

Dear Olga T,

We are extremely concerned by the extremely poor perception you appear to have formed of us after staying here with us for only 1 night. We apologize that our facilities were did meet with your full approval and that the other guests staying here at the time of your arrival affected so greatly your perception of our property.

We are confident that had you chosen to remain at our resort for more than one day and reported any bad impressions you may have had, then you would have had the chance to fully experience and enjoy the high levels of service and quality that we are known for.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

My husband and I with two friends stayed from December 7th to the 14th. This is our second all-inclusive and although it was more expensive it was worth it. I first want to give huge commendation to specific members of the staff. First, Marlene our maid was awesome, was never in need of anything and she was so pleasant to talk to and always smiling. Armando at the front desk, answered all our questions and made our check-in stress free. This was especially appreciated because we came in about 8 p.m. and were pretty tired. Christian and Rick at the concierge desk were very helpful and pleasant.
Last but not least, Willy (waiter on the beach) He was always smiling and had a great sense of humor. Also quick with the service. Now this does not mean that we did not appreciate you all because we did. All the staff were always doing something, no slackers here.

On to the room, It was beautiful, just what the website showed. I'm not into modern but this room was tastefully done. Now the bed, can we say butta. My husband would love to know what kind of bed it was. He would love to get one. We also had a balcony facing the adult pool on 4th floor. Awesome to drink our coffee in the morning and talk about what we were going to do for the day. Everything worked well. Shower was nice, beautiful tile. The only thing that was a bummer was that there were kids right above us that were up at 6:30 a.m. But it is a family resort.

Yes, there is construction, but we look at it as the next time we come, it will be even better.

One of the things that we really loved was that Dreams does not have bracelets, a towel card and reservations for the al a carte restaurants.
Cannot believe how relaxing that is not to have to wait in line in the morning to eat at night. It just cuts into the vacation. Granted this is a gated all-inclusive so they know who belongs there and who doesn't. But now that we've been spoiled by this I don't want to go to a resort that has these type of restrictions.

The beach and water are wonderful, we saw some cool stuff while snorkeling, a lion fish, a baby stingray and some cool looking squid amongst other colorful fish. Did not have any trouble what so ever getting a lounger. Towels you sometime had to wait but no big deal. We didn't do any of the dolphin stuff but we were able to watch other people and that was really enjoyable.

The food was good at the buffet. Yes, there is some of the same stuff every day but they mixed it up. Go see Ana at the omelet station and she'll fix you up good. Now the al a carte restaurants were fabulous. Portofino's, super good mushroom soup and filet mignon. Everything we ate there was delish. Went to Oceana, very good also. Gohan's, Japanese food, tasted fresh and the presentation of all the food was amazing. I think I took more pictures of the food than anything else. Seaside grill, had the flank steak, it was like butter and the flavor was outstanding. So impressed with the food(can you tell). Went to El Patio for dessert and coffee, which was superb. Also the decorating of these restaurants were very tasteful and classy. Don't forget to stop in CoCo café with free internet and enjoy an awesome espresso or whatever you may fancy. Yummy.

The entertainment that we saw, the juggler and the show with a little acrobat and balancing acts were ok. The rock show on the other hand was very good. Played super good 80's rock but unfortunately they played 3 songs and they had to stop due to the torrential downpour. All in all watching the entertainment team interact with children and adults alike was very respectful, never pushed you to do anything but just let you know what was happening that day.

We would have liked to have had a separate game room for adults with pool tables, other games etc. where you could just hang out. Especially during rainy days.

In conclusion, we would definitely come here again and also recommend it to others. Thank you so much for a memorable vacation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank linzyikes

Dear linzyikes,

First and foremost we would like to truly thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderfully detailed review with the tripadvisor community following your recent stay here with us at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.

It is always extremely pleasing to hear when our guests have had the chance to fully experience and enjoy so many different aspect of the Unlimited Luxury we have to offer. Please rest assured that all of your comments will be shared with our entire team, especially the staff members you took the time to personally mention, all of whom will be delighted to know that they were able to assist you.

It would be a true pleasure to be able to welcome you back once again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,