Extremely far from the hotel and shuttle had barely any AC which made it very uncomfortable. When we arrived our rooms were not ready but it was before check in. There were 5 rooms all together so they processed all our paperwork and sent us to lunch to wait for actual keys. We reconfirmed before leaving that we all had the king beds we requested and they said yes that was all set. When we went back after lunch, the rooms were all ready so we grabbed our keys and went. First problem was that 4 out of 5 rooms were together and 1 was on the other side of the hotel. Second issue, all but one room had double beds, were on the 1st floor, and rooms were incredibly musty. Safes didn't work and doors didn't lock properly. We all immediately went back to check in and were told that there were no rooms available for us to switch out to. Meanwhile the group next to us is checking in and being told they received free upgrades to king bed ocean view rooms, the ones our group had actually paid for I assume. This left a really bad impression, manager came and agreed to move us all the next day...total inconvenience but better than nothing. We had to repack and leave our luggage to be moved and after lunch we had new rooms, again spread across the resort and not the right view, but they were king bed rooms that didn't smell.
We also had issues with the restaurants. Not every restaurant is open every night so we tried to plan our dinners around their schedule. They changed that schedule on a whim everyday and we ended up missing dinner in one of the better restaurants. Also they don't take reservations so we had to wait a lot with a big party.
Pros: never had issues with chairs by the pool or beach, snorkeling at the property, swing bar was great, pool bar and smoothie bar staff were amazing and attentive! Waiter even brought us food and drinks right into the surf while we were hanging out in the water.
I just expected more from a Dreams property and felt it was a little subpar for desk service, restaurants, and quality of rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico