We had a wonderful dolphin view room with a hot tub on the balcony. So we had breakfast in our room every morning watching the dolphins. It was wonderful. The grounds were beautiful and the staff were very nice and seemed to genuinely want to help. The room was really beautiful, very nice. Yes, there were a few little problems (like the balcony had some dirt and stains on it), but I was very happy with the cleanliness.
The bars were great, particularly the one overlooking the rocks. It was so beautiful to sit over there and have drinks. One thing I learned on the last day is that they only use the better liquors if you ask for them. So if you don't specifically ask for Bacardi, for example, they'll use a cheap well rum. When we stayed at other nice all inclusives, they always gave us the better liquors without asking, so I didn't realize this was happening. But they are always happy to give you the better liquors if you ask!
We really liked the location. The area was quiet, not really a partying atmosphere (which is what we wanted). We loved walking up to the marina in town and looking at all of the beautiful yachts.
The entertainment was wonderful. We really liked the Mexican dance and singing show.
We were there for our anniversary, and we don't have kids. We found it plenty romantic and never felt like all of the children around hindered us. So if you're worried it's too family oriented for couples, I really don't think it is.
We went to swim with the sea turtles in Akumal, which I would recommend to everyone. You should be pretty comfortable with swimming to do it. It's an hour of swimming with and against currents, not just floating around like other snorkeling trips.
Now for some of the things I didn't like. If ocean swimming is one of your favorite things (like mine), the beach isn't sufficient. If you just want to go waist deep with your kids, it's wonderful and secluded enough to be safe. If you walk around the resort next door, there is a little snorkeling to do, and you can check out snorkeling equipment from the hotel for free. From what I understand, the water is quite choppy and rocky along the Yucatan, so I don't know if I would have found anything better anywhere else.
The minibar in our room wasn't regularly restocked. Some days it would be restocked, other days it wouldn't. If you leave a little note in the fridge (write it in Spanish if you can) with tip, they'll restock it how you want, but you need to do this each day, not just once at the beginning of the trip (maybe it was a different person each day).
Now here's for the really bad. The food was terrible. I mean that often it was inedible. I like really fine food, but I'm also happy with fast food. It's rare that I find something inedible. We expected food that was okay, nothing special, like we've had at all inclusives in Jamaica and on cruise ships. There was some really good food. The pork loin at the Mexican restaurant was amazing, as was the chicken for dinner at the Seaside Grill. The French restaurant had good food too. I found the buffet to be inedible, as was the food at the seafood restaurant. For example, my husband's nicoise salad was made with canned, undressed tuna. Just chunks of plain, unseasoned, canned tuna on lettuce. If food is something you enjoy about traveling and a nice experience for you (instead of just something that keeps you alive), I would suggest somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico