We just got back from Dreams P.A. yesterday. It's a very nice resort, but feels a little crowded. Between the rooms and the beach there is a lot going on with a great deal of activity. I'm not saying it's a bad resort, just cramped. We didn't have any trouble finding a spot on the beach, nor did we have to wait to eat a meal.
The beach is nice, but as you might have guessed, it's kind of small. However, because all beaches in Mexico are public beaches, you can stroll about as you wish. They do a nice job of keeping the beach and grounds clean.
Service is second to none. We have been to Mexico before (Grand Palladium), and we felt as though the staff would have just as soon that we stayed in the States. It was very different at Dreams. All of the staff was very friendly and anxious to please their guests. One of the concierge staff, Noe, who calls himself the Mexican Danny Devito, was really fun to talk to. Yes, he actually does look like Danny Devito, too.
One thing that was kind of neat was that we ran into Sammy Hagar on the top floor of the hotel. That should tell you a little something regarding the property. If it's good enough for the stars, it's good enough for the common folk. :-)
The food was good, but not spectacular. We found the Seaside had the best lunches. I had a very good steak at the PortaFino restaurant.
There were a LOT of kids at this resort. The beach side of the property is open to everyone, which is where all of the kids are. The west side of the property is adults only. One can spend their time on the west side to avoid the kids, but the ocean is on the east side. We did find quiet spots on the east side, south end, that the families with children tended to avoid. For the most part, the kids hang out around the pools.
To recap, Dreams is a nice facility, great staff and service, very nice rooms, compact property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico