I stayed at Dreams Puerto Aventuras for 6 nights. The service was fabulous but the rooms and the overall facility needs a facelift. I also would not call this a "resort" because it appears that the locals use it as their neighborhood swimming pool. There is more exclusiveness with a Holiday Inn. Internet/Wi-fi access is extremely slow. And, they need to hire a chef to come up with more creative dishes. Also, when it rains (like it did for 3 days out of the 6 I was there) there needs to be somewhere on the property to go besides the lobby or the bar that was closed. If you are use to staying in Cancun and walking for miles on the beach. That will not happen here. If you want to do shopping then you will need to arrange for a 30 minute ride to Playa Del Carmen. btw, be prepared for a drive from the airport to the Dreams. I also got VERY tired of the Dreams folks trying to convince us to go to the Jewelry Factory. It is an hour stop at the Jewelry Factory with a sales pitch. I mean really....most resorts I've stayed at don't do this to their customers. The AC vents need to be cleaned. They were very dirty. If you have kids then you might enjoy this place... I will say the entertainment at night was fantastic. The magic and comedians were great. I loved the drummers and fire dancers and the best was the male dance group. They dance to modern music and were extremely talented. The dance group that does more traditional dance needs more practice and different music though. Their performance was too long and many people in the audience were yawning. (even saw some people sleeping).
Too many other places I want to see so I doubt I will not go back to this place. I would only go to to say hi to the fabulous staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico