“Excellent family vacation!”

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
O'Fallon, Missouri
“Excellent family vacation!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We just returned from a family vacation to Dreams. We were very impressed with everything. We have stayed at larger resorts in the past but really preferred this smaller one. Everything was very convienent and close. The staff could not have been more friendly or hard working. The rooms were very nice and always clean. There really isn't a bad view. The backside of the hotel overlooks the adult pool and marina which was very nice too. The food was great at the restaurants as well as at the buffet. We also really enjoyed dinner on the beach they had a couple of the nights during our stay. The kids enjoyed many of the activities planned for them throughout the week, especially the movie night on the beach. We used that time to go to the Oceana restaurant which is for adults only. The kids also enjoyed the many free beach activities. The whole family also enjoyed the nightly entertainment. Other resorts have had the same types of shows each night. We liked the variety of entertainment that was offered here. We had a great family vacation and would love to return!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, E-Concierge at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay at Dreams Puerto Aventuras with all the Tripadvisor community.

We're more than glad to know you had an excellent vacation with us and were able to enjoy every service we have to offer. We hope to have the opportunity to host you once again in a near future.

econcierge.drepa@dreamsresorts.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,334)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My mother brought me to the resort for my birthday. What a gift! This is a small but beautiful resort. The ambience, decor, food and service was amazing!
From the moment we got out of the taxi we were welcomed with smiles and assistance. Armando was our concierge and very helpful. The grounds are well kept and that's saying a lot because honestly people on vacation can sometimes take that idea to another level, what I mean by that is just because you are on vacation doesn't mean that common courtesy should be thrown out the window. I saw some reviews on here talking about trash and such, that is not because of the resort or the staff, that is because of the guests! Everyone that works there works so hard and with such pride and with a smile on their face!
All of the restaurants were fantastic! there were quite a few beach dinners and lunches that were just incredible! Fresh from the sea! I watched as the fish came off the catamaran! there are endless things to do throughout the day and night. There are nightly shows that were very entertaining, my favorite of the week was a break dancing group, but everyone was great! The acrobats, fire dancers etc. The entertainment crew works hard to find these acts and even harder to make their guests aware of the events scheduled, you also get a newsletter everyday and it's also posted in the elevators and by the pool.
The housekeeping staff is incredible, everyday they cleaned and then turned downed our beds at night, and left amazing towel art on our beds, when you go you will see what I'm talking about!
The staff do everything they can to make you feel special, upon arrival, because my mom made arrangements there was a birthday sign on my door, gallons and a hand written card! and once we became members there was champagne and strawberries waiting in our room as a sign of appreciation. Me, my family and friends will be enjoying this club for years to come!
There were quite a few children there, so i will definitely try an all adult resort as well, but even with the kids, there was the adult side that you could escape to and honestly i was wasn't bothered by them, even though the resort is small it is an escape all it's own!
and finally the staff. Again everyone was incredible, but i have to call off a few names that had a part in my wonderful time here, in order of meeting; Armondo, concierge, Victor and Oskar( from Tulum), they helped us understand the membership and helped us to get a great deal, they were patient and full of knowledge, Jessica and Cesar from (desires) great service and highly entertaining, Hugo, (bartender and waiter) wish we would have met him sooner! and Mersedes from the spa, she gave me an amazing massage, top 3 massages in my book! But again EVERYONE was great! I'm in the hospitality service industry which can be trying at times, and i will be closing my eyes and seeing their smiling faces to help remind me of my responsibilities in such a profession.
Thank you Dreams for making our vacation so incredible!
Tara

Reidsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I just returned home from this fantastic resort. This was a celebration for my daughters 35th bday! We both enjoyed our stay here. From the swim up bars to to the resturants not to mention the beautiful accomodations. I do have to say what truly sets this resort apart from the others is the staff. We will miss them! From all the dinners on the beach to the nightly shows we were very pleased with this resort! This is a family resort so if kids are not ur thing then this is not the place to go. The beach the pools the food the drinks Wow! Can't say enough. We will go back! We met many wonderful people there too! Give this a try! Sandie Lewis

Room Tip: Oceanview was beautiful but I think any room would b fine

Whitewater, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I am just getting around to writing this so sorry for it being so late. I had read from reviews that the hotel was under major construction. I was only going to be in Mexico for 4 days so I emailed the Concierge before I left to check to see if there was indeed construction. If there was, I was going to switch to a difference Dreams. She replied back that while they had been doing mild updates, there was no major construction planned. When we arrived we went to our room. All of the rooms on the right side of the hallway were gutted out with no doors, just plastic between the hallway and rooms. The noise was incredible. It went from 7am-late. There was also major mold/mildew in the bathrooms and room itself. I went to the front desk with the email from the Concierge that posts on this board and they moved rooms, but only tried to downplay the situation. I took video and played it for friends/family and they were amazed that the hotel was operating during this constructions.

Once we were in a difference room we had a great time. The food, pool, and entertainment were great. Right on par with the Dreams experience. I just wish the online concierge had told me there was indeed construction, I would've went to Dreams Tulum, visited here another time, and never would've had a bad experience with Dreams.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Drew S
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and our 1 yr old son stayed at Dreams Puerto Aventuras for 1 week on april 1st and we loved our experience. Definitely a smaller resort (which we prefer) as you get the 'family feel' and the opportunity to get to know everyone. The staff were excellent here and I'd like to acknowledge 2 staff members in particular at the buffet who were amazing. They were always so friendly and went above and beyond to make us comfortable. Juan Segura (manager) and Johana Hosstes were the best and they made us feel right at home :)

Overall I would recommend this hotel. Its a bit older but clean, quaint and friendly!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My fiance and I stayed at this Dreams at the end of February this year. It was a fantastic getaway because he proposed to me in the airport before we left! So we were able to spend our first week as an engaged couple in Mexico! We stayed for four nights through an Apple vacation deal. When we arrived, we had to wait a long time for our room to be ready, which i did not like. And even when we were told it would be ready, we went up to the room and there were three guys in it fixing random things still! So we had to still wait about another hour. It was honestly dreadful. Also, when we were checking in, it was my understanding through Apple that we would have the best room available, but they told us we would have a standard room, but could upgrade for an additional cost. I didn't want to argue, but I felt that we should have been given a free upgrade or given then nicest room possible since that is what our deal was supposed to be. We even mentioned we were just engaged 5 hours prior, but that didn't have any effect on the front desk....The hotel was not busy at all, so I definitely feel like we could have gotten a nicer room. We had a family suite, which was still very nice. We had a nice view of the ocean and a big bathtub in the bathroom. The staff was very attentive to us, my fiance was sad to leave some of the friends he made. Willie and Severo were so cool! Miguel aws very nice, and Domingo hooked us up with some great drinks!

We did get talked into visiting the sister resort one morning, which I didn't fully understand what we were going to be doing. My fiance was very mad to have to take a 40 minute cab ride there and back, but we did get spa credit and a fancy beach dinner out of it which was divine.

Definitely splurge for both of those, you will not be disappointed! We had a couples massage ON THE BEACH! it was so relaxing. And the dinner on the beach was delicious.

There is a natural pool on the beach that the ocean water flows into, and it is so beautiful to sit by and swim in. We loved that.

The food was very good at all ofthe restaurants we ate at. Since we were there such a short time, I didn't get to go to the Mexican or Sushi restaurants, but I'm sure they were great too.

All in all, I would love to come back and stay here. It was a smaller resort, so you got to know a lot of the staff and other travelers, and it wasn't huge and noisy. Very relaxing. Really enjoyed ourselves. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Brunswick, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We just returned from dreams puerto aventuras, we all had such a great time!!! I would highly recommend this resort! We have stayed at other resorts in riviera maya but we definitely will return to this one! From the front desk, to the wait staff, to the housekeeper, everyone was great!! Food was excellent, beach was beautiful!!! Lots for the kids to do. Our favorite staff that stood out were.... Roberto at front desk, Juan segura at world cafe, ( he knew our names by the 2nd day! I was shocked when we walked in and he welcomed us by name!) Walter at world cafe , uliceses at seaside grill, and Oscar our housekeeper! They all went above and beyond our expectations! Their service was excellent! The whole set up of the resort pool, beach, is smaller then other resorts, but I loved that the pool and beach were literally feet away from our ground level room. The beach was very well maintained and if there was anything washed up on it they were always cleaning it up. I have been at other resorts where you can't even go in the ocean because of so much sea grass, not here, the water was beautiful! The beach was beautiful! My kids loved the water trampoline and ice berg climbing wall out in the ocean! I loved that the dolphin cove was right at the resort we didn't even have to leave the resort to swim with the dolphins! The rooms were all updated and very nice, very modern. I was surprised because the rooms on the website were not like the rooms we had, they were much nicer in person! We can't wait to book our next trip back to dreams puerto aventuras!!!

2 Thank Annie H

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#31 of 210 in Playa del Carmen
#7 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Grand Oasis Tulum
Grand Oasis Tulum
#18 of 23 in Akumal

Been to Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!