I will begin this by saying that I am usually not an all inclusive person! However, we were traveling with my sister and her family so in total we were 10 people, 6 of those were boys ages 8-17! I was a little scared because when we booked this trip in the winter there were many negative reviews, however in the weeks before we left I noticed that there were more positive reviews. So here is mine!
Check in: As noted in other reviews, check in is slow. However, they met us with drinks so that made the wait much better. Of course, as noted in other reviews, our room request was not met. We requested out two rooms next to each other. They only could give us rooms across from each other and claimed they were an upgrade, Who knows? I can't fully blame on Dreams because this request went through Booking.com.
Rooms: Both of rooms were really nice. The bathrooms were nice and big and we especially liked the showers! The bath products were very generous. I especially liked the suntan lotion in the bathroom. The balconies were really nice and we used them primarily to dry our clothes! Another plus, was the stocked fridge of beers, waters and sodas which they replenished daily which my sons liked! We had to call the main desk for towels on multiple occasions because the 1 they left was not cutting it! My sister's room had towel decorations every night and chocolate which we did not. I would have to say that housekeeping is not consistent. There is WiFi which is free but it is slow. I would recommend that if you need to work from here you leave it at home!
Resort and activities: The resort is small. I liked it because it was very manageable and we let the kids wander around and were never worried. You don't need to save beach chairs because there are plenty. Plenty of towels which you do not need to sign out so you can have as many as you want! Boys kayaked and snorkeled every day! You can sign out snorkel equipment. Also, you can take a catamaran with a captain for a ride every day. None of this is extra money. There are activities at the pool and beach area all day. I took the morning yoga class under the gazebo with a guest instructor from the states who was awesome. My boys took part of the beach volleyball game everyday which was a great way to make new friends. There are constant waiters who will bring you your drinks right to your beach chair so you never have to move. All the public bathrooms were clean. We saw 2 shows, the circus and fire and ice shows which were very good.
Food: This was probably the best part of the resort. It was delicious! This is what I feared most about an all inclusive. Every meal we ate was really good. I would have to say that Oceana was probably our favorite. We ate there once without our kids and we brought them once on the nights when you can bring kids. Food is first rate and my sister said it was better then food back home. We ate at Portofino twice. Keep in mind that men must wear pants and that includes boys over 12 years old. My husband forgot his pants and the concierge loaned us some as well as some for our two teens because I did not think they needed long pants as well. We enjoyed both our meals here as well. We also ate at El Patio and the Oceanside grill as well and enjoyed the buffet for breakfast and some lunches. The coffee cafe was awesome as well and I think it rivals Starbucks quality. All free! I would have to say that the food here was probably some of the best food ever eaten. I hope this never changes at this resort!
There are no wrist bands needed here, no reservations at restaurants, no need to worry about towels or beach chairs and friendly staff at this resort. I have now been converted to all inclusive resorts and would love to stay at another property of this chain soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico