Arrival: Our entire family went to Dreams for Thanksgiving, but the only thing we gave thanks for was the plane landing in Atlanta and being back in the U.S. To start with, we had reserved 4 double rooms (for 16 people) on the “Club” level. When we arrived, my family and my brother’s family were given king rooms on the Club level. 5 people in one bed didn’t seem real practical, but the front desk staff seems to think it was completely ok. After some discussion, my brother and I were given 2 double rooms on a lower level. Of course none the rooms were clean even though it was after check-in time. Once we got to our two rooms we were pleasantly surprised to find them to be large and very nice even though we were not with the rest of our family. My sister and her family were not so lucky on the Club level...the room was small and inadequate for their family. I spoke to the front desk about all the problems we had in the first hour of being on the resort and suggested that maybe some complimentary spa time or something for everyone to compensate the for the trouble would be nice…they basically refused to do anything. Unbelievable. As far as they were concerned, we all had rooms and it really didn’t matter that they were not what we reserved. Somewhere along the line they missed the whole concept of what a hotel reservation is…pathetic. Oh, by the way, none of the rooms have consistent hot water.
Customer service: In general there really isn’t any. Most of the staff seems to care less and the ones that do are incompetent. For example, our families are big college football fans and the Auburn Tigers in particular. The big rivalry game was the Friday after Thanksgiving so when we arrived on Wednesday I made sure that they could get the channel and gave them the time of game, etc. I was assured that it was all taken care of and it would be no problem. Game time came on Friday and when we arrived at the sports bar in the resort they had no idea what we were talking about and nothing had been set up. After a lot of complaining, they finally got 3-4 guys together and they got it to work after we missed most of the 1st quarter. In the long run they did accommodate us, but I don’t understand why they told us it was taken care of and then no one seemed to know what were talking about. Again, complete lack of customer service and an incredible about of incompetence.
Dining: Thanksgiving was another shinning example. They were having turkey, etc. in the World Buffett. We told them we needed seating for 16…no problem. After about 30-45 minutes we went to check on it again and they didn’t have the tables, but it would take just a minute. After waiting another 15-20 minutes they had seating for about 12, but then we were informed that they had run out of turkey while we were waiting on our table…too bad, tough luck. My family went to the Mexican restaurant and let’s just say it will be a Thanksgiving we will never forget or maybe we should try to forget…still not sure what we ate.
Overall: I could go on, but I think I’ve made my point. Frankly, I don’t understand some of the good comments posted…it’s like we were in an alternate universe for our stay. Bottom line, the facilities are very nice (if you get what you reserve). However, the customer service is so dismal and the food is so ordinary (except breakfast), that I would urge anyone reading this to stay far away from Dreams. We have been to 3 resorts in Jamaica and 1 in the Dominican Republic. In my opinion and 15 of my family members…got to Jamaica and feel all right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico