Stayed at the Barcelo Maya Colonial for a week in early March. I have traveled all over the world. Stayed in Many Different All inclusive resorts. This hotel I rate honesty 3 1/2 to 4 stars.
The one reason thing i must say negative (but not bad AT ALL) was the food. Lets be real this propriety is priced pretty reasonable so expect the food to be 3/5 depending on what you consider true 5 star food. In the past I have stayed at the Iberostar Grand in Rivera Maya(Rated Top resort in Rivera Maya) The food there was much better, but again this property is more then double the price then the Barcelo.
Fresh Pico and guac was amazing. Buffet food consisted of skirt steak, fries, chicken, pasta bar, different fishes, lots of fruits, and veggies. Stay away from the Mexican restaurant at the beach propriety. Its horrible!!!!!!
Steak house was ok, Jap was good, and Italian was ok.
Beach was great. lots of fish swimming by the shore line. Pool was great as well. They keep this place cleaned very well.
Rooms were pretty nice. Nice big shower, beds were comfy.
Staff at the lobby bar made my trip. LOOK FOR DAISY
Over all i would go back and recommend this place.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Barcelo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Maya Colonial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Colonial
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Caribe & Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Tropical & Colonial Beach
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras