Went to Barceló Maya Colonial for our 5 year anniversary, stayed August 16-20, 2013. About a week before arrival, I e-mailed a few requests for our room, my wife is a light sleeper, so we wanted a room away from the theater, and close to the pool/beach. I informed them that it was our anniversary, and we were very exited to get away alone together. After nearly 12 hrs of travel, we were greeted into an empty lobby, by a server with a refreshing fruit drink. While checking us in, the desk attendant looked up from the computer and said, "Well, it's your anniversary! Let me get you a better room." We were taken to the "Club Premium" room, first floor, and our patio walked out to the pool only steps away. We rushed into our swim suits, and ran to the beach (ok, we stopped by the swim up bar on the way:). WE WERE LITERALLY blown away by the beauty of this place! We spent the evening playing on the most beautiful beach I have ever seen, then cleaned up for a wonderful buffet dinner, and spent the remainder of the evening at the theater. Antonio, one of the many great, classy bartenders at the resort, kept us in high spirits every evening, as this is where we went every night after dinner.
Over the next few days, we explored this resort, went snorkeling, took the colectivo down the road to shop at Playa del Carmen, and spent time just floating around in the huge pools. Safety was never a concern, no beach venders, and no one expected a tip. (Although, I took a very large stack of 20 peso bills, because I know how very hard the employees work to keep everyone happy.) I could go on and on about how wonderful this place is, and I would recommend anyone, couples or families, give this place a try. Food was cruise ship quality on the buffets, great in the Japanese restaurants, and was even impressed with the snack bar/grill on the beach. Drinks were amazing, my beer was cold, and service was perfect. We are going back with our children as soon as we can!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Maya Colonial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Colonial
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Caribe & Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Tropical & Colonial Beach
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras