We are a family of three (46,45,14) and we were at the Barcelo from March 8th to 15th. This was our 5th trip to the carribean: Puerto Plata, Riviera Maya (Gran Bahia Principe Akumal), Punta Cana (Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana), Jamaica (Riu Ocho Rios) and of course, Barcelo Maya Colonial Beach.
We really had a good time at this resort. The resort is very large and clean with beautiful grounds. There was a lot of decorative pools around the lobby and the restaurants. It was really nice.
- The staff were very nice and friendly and were always happy to help us.
- In the boutiques, they were helpfull with no pressure.
- There were very lovely freeform pools with animation.
- The pools were very clean. They were testing water regularly.
- Lots of lounge chairs; no need to play the towel game.
- For family with childrens under 12, there was a nice water play ground with water slides. Kids were having fun.
A LA CARTE RESTAURANTS:
- Upon arrival, we received 5 tickets for a la carte restaurants.
- You have to book the first morning because time choices are really limited.
- We only used three of our five tickets because of the late serving time after full day outdoor.
- We ate at the Italian, Mexican and Steak House. All were great with good service.
- Breakfast were great, lots of selections (omeletts stations, eggs, bacon, sausage, a good variety of fresh fruits and more...) Everything was very good.
- Lunch: We ate most of our lunches at the palmeras, close to the pool and beach. Again, good variety.
- Dinners: We ate well at dinners with a good variety but we felt that not as much variety as other resorts we went at.
- The first time we travelled, the drinks were made from scratch. The last two years, like other resorts, there was a lot premix drinks. At the Barcelo, the drinks were not consistant between bars and we had hard time to get good drinks like in the past. But this is not something to ruin our vacations.
- Very large and nice beach with white sand. Still lot of chairs at any time of the day.
- Due to the windy conditions, we had a natural wave pool. We had a lot of fun.
- We would recommend you to bring water shoes as it was rocky by section in the water but still lots of nice sandy parts.
- Snorkelling right on the site.
- They had really nice rooms with no musty odors.
- We had two regular double beds.
- Nice bathroom.
- Bar replenish everyday.
- House keeping was inconsistant with towels, almost never any face cloth but we called to the front desk and every thing was settled within a few minutes.
- Air conditionning and safe were very easy to use and worked very well.
In summary, we had a very good trip and enjoyed the Barcelo. We would certainly recommend this resort to a friend.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Barcelo Maya Colonial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Colonial
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Caribe & Beach Resort
- Barcelo Maya Tropical & Colonial Beach
- Barcelo Maya Colonial Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras