Absolutely fantastic vacation and my reasons why are:
- huuuuuge clean sandy white beach. A definite advantage. Not overcrowded, you get a chair without having to wake up at 7am and racing against other beach-goers.
- beautiful and extremely well maintained hotel grounds with pools, hammocks, fountains, romantic walkways and cute tropical-hut inspired bars on every corner for when you get thirsty :)
- attentive and friendly staff (so friendly that a friend of ours even hard a big crush on one of them, but that's another story ;)
- night entertainment was truly....entertaining....you know how sometimes your get those groups that are trying really hard, but only end up getting the applause for effort and because you feel bad not clapping? Well, Barcelo's staff was able to put up an unforgettable show every night!
- good selection of free of charge sports. Kayaks, little sailboats, windsurfing, beach volleyball, fitness classes, basketball, ping pong and beer pong of course....but the last one is given ;)
The resort is really huge, it comprises of four hotels, Barcelo Maya Palace, Beach, Caribe and Tropical - the last one is where we stayed. So if big resorts are not your thing, you may reconsider, but to me it only added to the excitement as I didn't get the claustrophobic feel of smaller resorts and seeing same people over and over again. Also, as I mentioned before, the hotel grounds are beautiful and we never had a dull moment strolling around.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Maya Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras