The Barcelo Maya property (which includes Tropical, Colonial, Caribe, Beach, and Palace) is about 45 minutes south of Cancun. I went there with 4 friends, on recommendation of cousins. It did not disappoint. We loved it so much, we will go back again next year. Has one of the most beautiful (and long and sandy and crystal clear waters) beaches I have ever been too. It is an all-inclusive resort, and never was there any pressure or sales pitches to "buy up" or buy add-ons. The food was delicious and a good variety for all 3 meals per day over course of the week. The 'Beach' property is the most affordable, which mostly meant it was full of Mexican citizens who seemed to be on constant 'party' mode, both young and old. The Caribe is under renovation. The Colonial and Tropical was mostly American and European visitors, with a more subdued pool atmosphere. The Palace is most expensive. But all 5 properties really blend together at the pools/beach. The Beach has been fully renovated and had some of the best rooms I've ever had at a resort. I would pay for the upgrade and get an oceanfront room (which are about 20% of the rooms) and not the standard room (which are the other 80%) as they can be a long walk to pool/beach. Staff is very friendly. All is very safe and secure. We will be going back. The resort (for an all inclusive resort) is spotless. There is so much room, that at times, you could feel like you had a piece of the place all to yourself.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Maya Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras