Barcelo Maya Palace
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)
US$233
  • Pool
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)
US$183
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)
US$183
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)
US$233
  • Beachfront
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$271
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
US$594
US$438
Great 4.5/5
Coral Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$149
US$540
  • Pool
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$177
Priceline
Very Good 4/5
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
No availability for your dates from our partners
8,412 results
All reviewsfrench restaurantfishmaya palacecoral grilloaxaca buildingsea turtlesother resortsclub premiumcoco baradult pooldinner reservationsbeautiful resortfamily vacationspecialty restaurantsbarcy clubthe check in processmake reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I just came a week ago from my vacation with my mother my son and my cousin was a great vacation. When we arrived the checking was slow but I think to many people checking in @ the same time. The room was beautiful and big enough for was but smell humidity. We went downstairs and complain bout the room we spoke to a supervisor name Felipe Villa and he changed our room for a pool we really love it. The people in the hotel are very nice all of them. The hotel is beautiful and big there is room for every body. My son love the water park. I ask me soon when are we going to come back and he said 2015. I'm sure we are coming back.

Room Tip: As per Oaxaca is it close to everything the beach and the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HBarcelo-Maya-Palace, Director General at Barcelo Maya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear dominiquer1979,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay in company of your family, thanks to your feedback Mr. Felipe Villa could assist you immediately.

We hope you visit in 2015.

Best Regards,

Armando Becerra M.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I went here with my wife and daughter and this is a lovely resort top notch for kids.I will like if Armando Becerra M. please message me here on trip advisor as i need to speak to you as soon as possible.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank leo_travel_agent
HBarcelo-Maya-Palace, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Maya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear leo_travel_agent,

Please let us know how we can help you, be so kind to send us your comments to the following address: secdireccionpalace@barcelomaya.com

It will be a pleasure to assist you!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

When we landed in Cancun, we had booked USA Transfers in advance, who greeted us at the airport. They were on time, very courteous, and made the 1 hour trip, comfortable and enjoyable. We arrived at the hotel and were amazed at the beautiful gardens and the impressive lobby as we pulled in. We checked in, while the kids ran to the windows to enjoy the beautiful views. Check in took about 30 minutes, and our room was available upon check in time (3:00pm). We had 2 adults and our 5 children, so we requested our rooms be close together. We were happy to find that they gave us adjoining rooms not too far from the pool and beach. The first thing we did, was grab some lunch at Coral Grill, where we met a waiter named Russell. Russell made our day! His courteous service, friendliness, and outgoing personality kept us coming back, to enjoy our lunch with him almost every day. He made a birthday very special for one of our family members and remembered all of our names, every time we came back. The property, pools, and beaches were magnificent! Swim up bar was Great, and the bartenders were friendly and it didn't take long to get a drink. Keeping track of your towels was an inconvenience, and the fact that if you didn't get out early to get a chair by the pool, you wouldn't get a seat. There were plenty of chairs along the beach, and the ocean water was beautiful, but there were several patches of rocks as you entered the water. You had to be very careful not to cut your feet on the rocks. With that being said, the rocks were home to a variety of fish, that we were able to see while snorkeling. We brought our own snorkel gear and would recommend this if you plan to snorkel. The convenience of going when you want, with your own gear is well worth it. My son actually saw a sting ray while snorkeling.
The specialty restaurants fill up quickly. We couldn't try all the places we would have liked. Our favorites were the French and the seafood restaurants. Jaguars Disco, was a hit with our older children, which would go and dance almost every night. The food in general was very good. There was something for everyone. The breakfast buffet had build your own omelette's and and a large variety of choices for the whole family. In closing, we would like to say, that we read many reviews that made us uncomfortable with our choice. After our trip, we would have to say that we found most of the reviews were untrue. This was truly, THE BEST VACATION EVER!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank clquinn61

Dear clquinn61,

It is very gratifying to know that you and your family enjoyed the courtesy of the staff , the lobby, the rooms, the french restaurant and seafood; we are glad everyone found something.

THANK YOU for review!!!!

Bareló Maya Palace Deluxe

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

First let me start by saying I travel quite a bit with my job and as a family we have enjoyed traveling on at least 1-2 very nice family vacations per year.
Previous to this trip in June of 2014....I had traveled to Mexico for vacation a total of 8 separate times and stayed at several upscale all inclusive resorts including higher end Palace and Riu resorts. Please keep this in mind as you read the review....because of all these trips this ranks as the best. We have always done a bit of research prior to our stays to ensure a good overall experience and for the most part we have had superior experiences on all of our trips.
This trip we had a group of 5 families and 15 total people (kids ages 16-22 and adults from 45 to 65) and normally there could be some concerns with a group this size making everyone happy.
Our overall experience was phenomenal and I give the Barcelo May a Palace Deluxe my highest recommendation. I too read many of the reviews prior to our deciding on this resort and while for the most part the reviews were very good there are always a few that make you nervous. The main complaint seemed to be about check in taking forever.
We did not experience this at all and in fact this went very smooth.

The resort is a decent ride from the airport (about 1 hour 15 minutes)but our accommodation so on our bus were very comfortable and when we arrived check in went very smooth for all 15 of us.
Rooms were as advertised junior suites and very nice with 2 queen beds...2 day beds and double sink...double shower and separate toilet area. Very clean...good air conditioning and we'll stocked. The only slight issue we had was for 2 days we had a condensation leak from our air conditioning unit and one morning my wife slipped and fell due to the water. I spoke talked with the front desk and they had a manager arrive with someone to clean the line to repair it and we did not have an issue after this.
POOL - the pool is one of the largest at any resort I have seen. Beautiful and spectacular. We got chairs early every day for our large group and had a blast everyday. Swim up bar was huge and bartenders very fun and interactive. While it is an all inclusive we still chose to tip although nothing major just a few dollars several times throughout the day and they were very appreciative.
They had an adult pool that was also beautiful and very quiet if you wanted or needed any down time or privacy but the main pool was never crowded especially with the amount of people at the resort.
BEACH - Hundreds of chairs on manicured and clean beach. Turtles every morning were seen and you could feed them. Yes a little rocky but nice snorkeling and very nice and clean beach.
RESTAURANTS /FOOD - as I stated with this being my 9th trip to Mexico and traveling on many vacations the food experience was one of the best. We did book the Ala Carte restaurants our first day ( you can book up to 3 per day and they were well worth it. Brassiere French great experience and food choices. I had tenderloin and lobster with escargot appetizer but all of the options very good. They allowed us to order extra appetizers and share a couple extra entrees for out group and accommodated our large party. Brazilian Rodizio - I read a few negative comments but our experience was great. You can do either order off menu or all cuts of beef with soup and salad bar and was wonderful. Kyoto was the Japanese steakhouse Benihana style at the Colonial resort right next door. I recommend this one over the Palace because it is air conditioned and they cook in front of you at this location. The Japanese steakhouse option at the Palace location offers the same menu but the Palace location does not cook on site and is open air restaurant. BUFFET - each night they had a different theme and you just had to wander to see all the different options. One night they even had grilled split full sized lobster at the buffet. They were very accommodating with special requests....great selection of choices. Don't understand any negative reviews I read. I think they are from people not familiar with all inclusives. If there is something you want and don't see...ASK they just might be able to accommodate you.
Breakfast was good....Lunch good....but dinner was always very good although we went with the upscale ala carte restaurants 5 of the 8 nights.
RESORT SERVICE - fantastic.....they would go out of their way whether it was at the pool with wait staff or bartenders or the constant cleaning of they the grounds....at the lobby bar......at the ala carte restaurants....at the buffets....you name it.

We were very impressed with how hard the employees worked on keeping the areas clean and how friendly they all were to the guests.

Took advantage of the on site gym.....decent equipment and also had sauna and steam showers available at no charge. Also did the Dolphineria experience and thought it was very educational interactive and worth the price paid for a pretty one on one experience.
Also took advantage of the spa and massage. It was located near one of the other resorts and was a very nice full service spa. Very enjoyable and priced similar to resort type spa.

Resort is very large as most reviews note but it was also good exercise to walk from area to area.

All of us would HIGHLY recommend this property. It was my favorite resort and trip in all 9 we have had to Mexico as a family and we will definitely be coming back to this resort.
KUDOS and look forward to out next trip.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
10  Thank Bradley Davi... S
HBarcelo-Maya-Palace, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Maya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Bradley Davi... S,

Thank you very much for your recommendation and rank Barcelo as your best trip; we are pleased to know that the 15 members of your family had a pleasant stay.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve your once again.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed 7-1 to 7-82014 with wife,daughter,sun in law & 3 grandchildren.The place is beautiful,
food was good,check in went smooth. Service was excellent.All the buffets were very good,the
french&steak house restaurant were excellent.The tram service is horrible.My favorite waiter Juan,
favorite waitress's Georgenia&Andrea they were great.The kids loved all the slides,pools&dolphins.There is a lot of walking the hotel is huge.Me &my wife were both having
trouble by the end of the week.All in all it was great vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Pa2Pa2

Dear Pa2Pa2,

Thank you very much for your feedback, your opinion is very important to us!

Have a good day!