Ok first off were pretty easy people to please and dont really complain about much. We can make the best of a bad situation, but there are a couple things i need to share:
1. They give you 3 A'la carte tickets for the week (You cannot sign up ahead of time in the lobby for what restaurant you want, you must go stand in line an hour before they open to reserve your seat for the night or miss out. ie: the Mikado had a line up starting about 1.5 hours before they even opened. This is not what i want to spend my time vacationing doing standing in line for a restaurant to reserve my time to eat)
2. The safe is extra $$. ( When we got there the guy at the front desk said that the safe would cost 3$us a day, we said meh ok.. well end of week came our checkout was 6 am and we were checking out and i gave the guy $21 us and he told us that he doesnt accept american money for the safe it would have to be Pesos or a credit card. This pissed me off because i had no pesos and my credit card was packed up. I feel that when we checked in we should have been told if they didnt accept american currency) I think its a bs way to get our credit card on file.
3. The creperie was the best thing about this place, milkshakes and crepes everyday mmmm (customize them Cajeta with ice cream :)
4. The beach was small but nice, lots of snorkelling and plenty of fish to see, not so great for watersports ie: catamaran etc.. to many coral
5. Chichen Izza was beautiful but it is a 6 hour bus ride to and from.
6. Getting into town is easy theres cabs everywhere and just make sure you preset a price before getting in.. 5th Avenue had everything we needed prolbably the best shopping there
7. Bring your own watershoes (6$ at walmart or 25$ anywhere in PDC)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Southall Travel and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras