The first night we were there at 11pm we went to bed. ( after 10 hour flight from England )
12 midnight they took the roof off the restaurant with lights shinning, hamers, drills, banging untill 6am. Our room was only 20mts away. At 4am we asked to be moved to a quite room where we got some sleep.
After spending 3 days moving rooms to try and avoid the drills we asked for a transfer to another hotel.
****** So make sure you check before you go that all the work has finnished ********
Rooms average by European standards;
Beach is OK as long as you like rock climbing.
Food is OK.
You have to pay an airport tax of £40 each when you leave. **** CASH ONLY ***** no cards.
No European country does this???????????
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, TripOnline SA, Atrapalo, Southall Travel and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras