This would be a great hotel for a family or first time vacationer. We went as a couple and there just wasn't anything really for night entertainment. Overall it was an a pretty decent resort, I do have a few raves and rants though.
Room - Upgrading is a definite must. The basic room is "ok", but for the price and what you get for the upgrades it's definitely worth every penny. When you upgrade you also get the renovated rooms.
Buffet - was ok. Huge selection and two buffet restaurants, however we found that the food was really Americanized and the quality just wasn't there.
A la carte - Terrific! They all offer something different (including entertainment). Sadly no Spanish Coffee here :(
Daytime entertainment - Lots happening poolside for families, not so much for couples or singles.
Evening entertainment - They do have a disco but every night we went it was totally dead. This is not a place for young couples that want to party a little or for singles to meet people. The theater offers evening shows but there were incredibly corny and just not our thingl. We left each show within 15 minutes of it beginning. There just isn't much emphasis on evening entertainment at all.
Staff - Were incredible. Always very helpful & Friendly.
Other Bonuses - This resort is right in the Puerta Adventuras (Gated Marina), where there is great shopping, bars, food and sea life (including the dolphin adventures). We thoroughly enjoyed venturing off of the resort and exploring the Marina. The location of this resort is another bonus! We were very close to many tours/attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras