The staff and service was exceptional!!! Everyone was polite, helpful, and calm even when they had every right not to be. The two ladies who run the Mini club were exceptional! They were creative, kind, easygoing but with enough authority to keep the kids in control.
There were a few sub-optimal things about this resort that we knew about from other reviews so we were expecting them like:
The rocky beach: the beach itself was beautiful sand but about 15' into the water there was a build up of rocks... I just wore reef socks and was happy once I was in up to my waist.
What the beach lacked in perfection it made up in accommodating young children. There is a calm, shallow lagoon that is perfect for those uneasy with waves. There is also a rocky breaker that creates interesting shell and coral hunting and mini pockets of ocean for kids or kids at heart to look for small creatures.
The resort is compact and does not have long meandering paths through its property. However, the grounds are beautifully done and perfectly maintained. For a good walk we went off resort to the marina where there is some shopping and canals where they keep dolphins that you can pay to swim with. The dolphins will come to the side of their pool to say hello for free!
My main complaint was the no reservation policy for à la cart dining. We waited in long lines to get a time and then were sometimes seated an hour after their estimated time. This would have been easier to take if we weren't with a 4 year old child. Again the staff was always polite and apologetic.
The food was fresh and tasty if not quite authentic for the Japanese and Italian restaurant which is why the Mexican restaurant was our favourite.
I would definitely recommend this resort to others. Enjoy your vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras