Well after reading all and I mean all the reviews of this hotel I can say most were spot on, the few compliants people had were because you cant please everyone.
Despite the airline we travelled with going out of business 4 days prior to travelling the vacation was great.
Hotel arrival and check-in very fast and friendly. Rooms not available right away but luggage kept secure and the room was available just after lunch. So off to the pool and a quick tour and buffet lunch.
Rooms - we were going to opt for the upgrade but decided to keep the one we were allocated and save the $350 US as it was fine (2 doubles and plent of room for a crib) beds were on the hard side but nothing a few malibu and pineapple drinks didnt fix.
Shower was great a/c was cold Tv was a nice flat screen. Safe was available didnt use it, fridge albeit small byt perfect for water and a few beers or the kids morning milk.
Food - continental breakfast available from 6am for the early risers and full buffet from 630-1030 good selection and plenty of it
a grill type restaurant available from 11:00 with the usual hot dogs and hamburgers salad stuff and pasta complimented with a small selection of deserts excellent servics and very attentive staff no matter how old or what sex you are.
dinner / lunch buffet excellent quality of food varied a little on a daily basis, excellent pasta bar cooked fresh with your choice of additivies
the Creperie excellent and opens at 5pm-10:30 never waited more then 2-3 minutes for a table and that was with a group of either 2 or 8 people
Only tried the Japanese a la carte which was phenominal despite having to get in line at 5pm to get a seating time but just take a beer with you while you wait
The pools were very nice one a party type pool with louder music and the other a family one which suited us just fine- one comment though the water goes from 4 inches to 4 feet deep very quickly ( just a step drop off) the kids pools were small and kind of boring so take a few floaty tyrp toys and play in the big pool
Swim up bars were good and were nota distraction to the pool
The beach was nice but small and yes a little rocky but the snorkelling was amazing
The lagoon was great for kids and adults alike and the fish were plentiful
Took a taxi in to Playa del Carme personally if you have young kids save the cash and walk to the marina same type of stores and tacky tourist stuff.
Take plenty of sunscreen it costs $25-30 a bottle to get more!!!
All in all a great small hotel and wonderful vacation especially with young children
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Southall Travel and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras