stayed @ CAT for a week early April, took US transfers from Cancun airport. Around an hour, arrived hours before the bus at 11am or so. Were told to come get a room after 3!!! as nothing was ready yet. Showed up again @ 2 having noticed the bus approaching.
The guy gave as a room which we did not like, we came back and asked for a different one on Riviera Maya side. Here you go, no problem.
First time in Mexico, always went to Cuba prior to this trip.
From now on no more Cuba. You can't compate 5* in Cuba to the 4* CAT.
People work so hard to please you. Nobody stands over you waiting for a tip, nobody bugging for your clothes etc.
Food is great.
We only went to one a la cart: Mexican. (A little bit dissapointed with the service there.)
After that only went to the buffet. Always good selection, prompt and professional waiting stuff.
Kids club beyond all expectations.
Night shows are 5*.
Entertainment team - lots of fun. Rick is something!
Just go and you won't be dissapointed!
Any questions, please feel free to ask...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras