My husband and I stayed here with our family (9 in all – 6 adults and 3 small children) from April 20 – 28, 2012. It was a 1 week exchange with Interval. We could not have been happier with the accommodations and the area in Puerto Adventurous. We stayed in 203 which included 3 bedrooms – 3 bathrooms, a galley kitchen (fully equipped), big dining room and living room, TV room and 2 big decks plus a maid service that comes in daily except Sunday. They also provide laundry service for $3.50 US a bag. Our unit faced the Marina and the Dolphin Adventures. From our decks we could enjoy the Marina as well as the Mantras, and hear the seals and dolphins.
All the restaurants and shops are situated around the boardwalk. As you walk the boardwalk the dolphins swim and frolic. Our Grand-daughters loved this and it entertained them while we waited for our meals to be served. We ate at several of the restaurants and enjoyed all of them. We shopped at the grocery/convenient stores on the resort but found them to be expensive. I would suggest shopping at the local grocery store just outside of Puerto Adventurous or in Playa Del Carmen which has a grocery store and a Wal-Mart (which has all the groceries you will need including your alcoholic beverages).
The only down fall would be that there is no beach. You can have access to the Omni Beach but they charge you $100.00 per person and then give you a credit for that amount at their facility. We opted out of this as we felt we would not use up the credit during our stay. But we enjoyed the Pool on a daily basis. It has a shallow end at both ends of the pool which was great for our Grand-daughters.
Puerto Adventurous is very family orientated – not a lot of night life.
We rented a van during our stay and would highly recommend it if you are a big group. It definitely saved us money as we were able to drive to into Playa Del Carmen several times (the beach is awesome and the chairs and umbrellas are free outside the restaurants, as long as you drink and/or eat there.) as well as Tulum. Driving there was easy and safe.
Be wary of buying your excursions in Playa Del Carmen. We purchased a snorkelling excursion at the information kiosk that was suppose to include 2 different spots to snorkel, lunch on a beach and a stop in Tulum to explore the ruins – it ended up including just 1 spot to snorkel and lunch on the boat – which we did enjoy but not what we paid for.
Overall we would rate our vacation a 10!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Porto Bello Private Residence Club inside the beautiful gated Beach, Marina and Golf Resort of Puerto Aventuras. Porto Bello is a Flagship property of Puerto Aventuras that offers a wonderful hassle free lifestyle in Marina View home size full equipped 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. Vacation Rentals available per night, week and month. Send us an email at to find out about our season rates and experience the personal services of our concierge even before you arrive. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bello Marina And Villas
- Porto Bello Marina & Villas Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Porto Bello Marina Hotel
- Porto Bello Private Residence Club Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras