For our 3rd week in the Yucutan (after Playa and Cancun) we decided try something new -- a marina. It was pretty neat with all the great fishing boats right outside our end unit. Our patio had nice chairs and a table, with a hot tub (this one didn't seem to want to produce HOT water, but we talked to others who had hot water). We could not make our safe work, or the internet after trying two cables......other rooms seemed to work fine. We were in Unit 108 - so maybe avoid that one. Fun to walk around the small little "town" and people were friendly. Looks like a great place if you want to 1) fish; 2) swim with the dolphins (which we could see every day and the manatees being fed) or 3) parasail. Those activities are right there. Our pool was nice and very warm (this is not an Omni pool set up). Many people who come here own and many have several weeks. The "beach" is about 10-15 minutes walk over to the Omni where you are allowed to use their beach. We didn't even bother. It is so small (eroded). Folks did say if you wanted to use beach it was a very short swim out to the reef to snorkel and they did enjoy it. Puerto Adventuras as a little too quite for me -- so we rented a car for 2 days and went to Akumal to snorkel with the tortugas and then to Tulum and Jose y Ana's beach club. I guess if you just love to rest and read, swim in pool, great place. Bed was comfortable, kitchen worked (glass stove top cracked) and things were on the older side, but it was just fine. The A/C worked great and was needed due to humidit/heat. We had a one bedroom unit and it seemed to have plenty of room for us. No eating table in unit, but the one on the deck worked fine. No ice cube trays, but we used the egg holders from the fridge. One more thing -- when we checked in the lady said they sold water. I sort of said OK (this was Saturday, with staff gone on Sunday). By Monday, we were there right away to get water. The tap water is horrible!!! So for relaxing, mellow time, fine place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Porto Bello Private Residence Club inside the beautiful gated Beach, Marina and Golf Resort of Puerto Aventuras. Porto Bello is a Flagship property of Puerto Aventuras that offers a wonderful hassle free lifestyle in Marina View home size full equipped 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. Vacation Rentals available per night, week and month. Send us an email at to find out about our season rates and experience the personal services of our concierge even before you arrive. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bello Marina And Villas
- Porto Bello Marina & Villas Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Porto Bello Marina Hotel
- Porto Bello Private Residence Club Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras