“First time at the Pot Kiln”
Review of The Pot Kiln

The Pot Kiln
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Frilsham
Price range: US$7 - US$72
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We visited the Pot Kiln for the first time earlier today with friends. The welcome was fine; our drinks were delivered rapidly and our order taken within a reasonable period. No starters and our main course came 40 minutes later - too long? Our roe deer (and vegetables) was excellent and plentiful; our friends ordered muncjack and some of it was so rare that a good vet could probably have brought it back to life. Our puddings (with coffee to follow) were also excellent. We didn't like what was presented as an obligatory 10% service charge and apparently the ladies loo left much to be desired. A bit of a mixed bag really.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Over the last two or three years, we've collected about eight really good restaurants in our area, including some Michelin-starred restaurants, that we like to dine at. In the top two, and I would find it very difficult to choose between the two, I would have to include the Pot Kiln. It doesn't actually have a Michelin star, but in my opinion certainly deserves one, if not two. Perhaps the fact that it is clearly a pub restaurant counts against it, but in terms of quality of food, which surely is what it ought to be about, it certainly deserves top rating. We were there today, and, as always, the food was fantastic! If you like game food, then the Pot Kiln has to be up with the very best, and I really can't think of anywhere that does it better!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Please pass my thanks to the staff. I was lucky enough to have my 40th birthday lunch here yesterday. Lovely food, excellent beer, very friendly staff. Would love to come back.

2  Thank rubysdad1
Reviewed 21 March 2014

What a special evening! The menu was so good it was hard to make my choice.. And then when it arrived, never had game so flavoursome and tender. Even the carrots tasted like they'd just been dug! Service super too.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This place is really superb if you are a game lover. We enjoyed the most fantastic Sunday lunch yesterday (9th March 2014). Venison T-bone with venison marrow, crispy roast potatoes and kale. Yum. With a couple of glasses of wine, a dessert wine and a coffee two of ate Michelin star quality for £100. Can't argue with that. Chef and all the staff are super friendly and efficient.

Its a wonderful rural location, too. Watch out of travelling in a sports car at the moment, though, as the flooding nearby made the route in a challenge. No problems at all if in a 4x4...but I wasn't!"