“Lived up to all expectations”
Review of The Pot Kiln

The Pot Kiln
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Frilsham
Price range: US$7 - US$67
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had read the Tripadvisor reviews for The Pot Kiln before we ate there and found them accurate and honest. We visited on a glorious summer evening which underlined the beauty of the rural setting. Welcome and service were universally friendly and good humoured to add to our enjoyment of the experience. The simple dishes were expertly cooked from top quality ingredients.

1  Thank Colin C

Reviewed 1 July 2014

A hidden gem where local produce, especially game, is simply but skilfully cooked and charmingly served in agreeable rustic surroundings. Most good game needs to be served on the rare side of medium and here, that's the way it is. Vegetarians and those who prefer grey and tough might well think twice, not least because the proprietor is a wild life and blood sports enthusiast, interests that are illustrated on the walls. When I eat in a steakhouse I don't expect to see pictures of captive bolts about the place but perhaps guns have greater gastronomic symbolism. There's a sound selection of wines, and beer from the excellent local brewery, while attention to detail is impressive: for example, delicious bread and even better butter are freshly made. Booking is pretty well essential.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

WE were escaping the tennis and football on the TV and it was a miserable wet evening but the welcome at The Pot Kiln was very warming. The menu looked so inviting it was a shame that we have small appetites so chose the main course to share - delicious, mouthwatering fallow chops and roast muntjac shoulder. It melted in the mouth, with a hint of charcoal grill and was served with fresh beans, whole carrots and crispy roasties. The wine list is comprehensive but as this pub is way out in the country I drank alcohol free beer whilst my husband sampled the local West Berkshire Brewery beer and sunk 2 pints. We have vowed to return on a Sunday afternoon with the family for their advertised Pizza's baked in the wood oven in the garden. This place is a must for all game lovers, but unless you are here for the pizza there is little on the menu for the vegetarian.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have eaten here in the evening previously and had an amazing meal. We called in on the off chance one lunch time and didn't think we would be able to get in. Luckily for us we did and again the food was beautiful.
Make sure you book and try this restaurant as you will not be disappointed. Great menu choices and food you won't find in other places.
We will return soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My hubby and I decided to go to this pub based on it's generally good rating on Google and it's short distance from home without being aware of it's reputation or ownership.

We thought it would be a nice drive on a Saturday afternoon though be warned that it's accessible by a road that is mostly single lane/narrow so drive cautiously! Ample parking once we reached it.

We both ordered from the bar menu, and sat at a picnic table outside over looking fields of cows without the smell! Lovely! My husband had a pulled pork ciabatta and I opted for a burger - Venison and Beef served with salad and crispy garlic potatoes. Possibly one of the best burger/potato combos I've had!

The only let down was the wait. Service was warm and friendly and we were warned that the food would take a while, but considering we got there quite late for lunch (2.30ish) we had to wait an hour to get our food. This is the only thing stopping me from giving it the full 5/5!