Cinque Terre Travel Guide - Five Lands and Italian Riviera Tour Specialist
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: My name is Loredana and I am a professional licenced tour guide since 1994.I have a deep passion for my job and my region and my aim is to accompany people to discover the secrets of my land.My tours are always a perfect mix of knowledge, culture, fun, laugh, care of details, professionality, flexibility and passion, passion and more passion.I ‘ve been guiding lots of small groups, many vips and families to beautiful locations like the enchanting Cinque Terre, Portofino, Camogli,San Fruttuoso, Genova and many more.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stunning, picture postcard couldn't get enough of it , loved the villages just amazing, the colours, the food, the people. We were staying in Moneglia and caught the train to Monterosso and then took the hop on hop off ferry to each village. WOuld have loved to have spent more time at each but what time I had was wonderful

1  Thank Jules26Melbourne

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Many are the places that combine sky and blue sea, mountains and beautiful scenery. But Cinque Terre offers much more than that: this piece of paradise has the beauty of typical houses of Italy,
its hospitable people, the delicious food, the wineries, the alleys and the breathtaking landscapes. I recommend that you stay at least two days to experience the atmosphere of the place.
Just make sure you have physical preparation to climb stairs (there are lots of tbem). If you choose to go in summer, you can enjoy the beaches and make the tracks, blecause they remain closed during autumn and winter.

2  Thank soniaparlatore
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just returned from 8 nights in Manarola. There are about 6 or 7 Restaurants in there, plus 4 or 5 Bars and a couple of takeaways, all of which were doing good trade. We found all the Restaurants much the same, having a mostly fish menu in each of them. For a bit of variation you can eat in any of the other 4 Cinque Terre Villages and get the train back to Manarola (or elsewhere) late evening, Fare is only a couple of Euros each way, and takes only 3-4 minutes from stop to stop
The hike from Manarola to Corneglia is fabulous, must be one of the most scenic walks in the world. To avoid the very steep climb at the start, catch the green minibus to Volastra for €2 and start the walk from there. Both coastal walks from Manarola are currently closed due to landslides.

The walk from Manarola to Riomaggiore is quite strenuous, especially the start from Manarola, which includes some very narrow steps (better going up than down though).

Although there is mention of having to pay to walk the trails, we only found that the kiosks were manned on Sundays, when the visitors to the area seem to double!

Apart from visiting the 5 Cinque Terre Villages, also consider a day/half-day trip to Portovenere, reachable by Bus or Boat from La Spezia. Well worthwhile on a sunny day.

We were not prepared for the hundreds of (mostly) American and Japanese students, most of which appeared to be in the area after their Graduation. Maybe later in the year it could be a little quieter (we visited mid-June). However, this did not detract from the area at all, it just made everything that much busier, especially at the stations, where there would be several hundred people getting off, and another several hundred people getting on, at each stop of each train, quite understandable as this is the main method of reaching all 5 Villages.

4  Thank Richard_BEE
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed in Levanto, it is not one of the five villages but very close by train, it is much cheaper and quiet. We checked all the five villages however the trails between the villages were closed (may 14). By the way the train service is classic italian mess, some trains directly pass to spezia, some stops in all villages, sometimes unannounced ghost trains show up in bins, they can come early or late for some reason so even if you check the screen so you can end up in the wrong one. I guess its part of italian charm. All the villages are unique and worth checking however for me the mountain village (Corniglia) was the best, because once you reach there, it is much easier to walk around. You have climb stairs for 20 min. though. It is not a place to go with a small child or baby, I must say, it's a serious exercise to walk&climb around.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We took the ferry ride to tour all 5 islands during our day trip on our own. We were taking a Mediterranean cruise with the family. Start early in the morning as there is much to see. The cruise stop was the port of La Spezia. The ferry will stop first in Portovenere about which takes about a half hour. You can follow the schedule which is listed on the brochure which you receive when purchasing the tickets for the ferry. We stopped and had lunch in Vernazza. The ferry stops in all 5 towns. I believe the ferry only runs from April to October. Most roads for walking from one town to the other were closed due to a mud slide but our day was just fantastic.

3  Thank genkathy

Travellers who viewed Cinque Terre Travel Guide - Five Lands and Italian Riviera Tour Specialist also viewed

Casarza Ligure, Province of Genoa

Cinque Terre, Italian Riviera

Been to Cinque Terre Travel Guide - Five Lands and Italian Riviera Tour Specialist? Share your experiences!