“What a tragedy - being left to wither on the vine”

Baywatch On The Beach
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in St Helens
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Local rumour is that the owner wants to go for change of use and build here - therefore is letting it go into decline. Thankfully the local council is unlikely to sell the public loos next to the building so not sure the owner will ever get full control of the site. Meanwhile it's just in a downward spiral. Could be the best on the island but is not. Who knows how it will end up. What a tragedy.

2  Thank MarkandJoD

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Upon arrival we sat at a table next to the window. We were quickly greeted by a rude staff member telling us we had to move to a different table. We explained we were only having dessert and so said staff member moodily took away wine glasses etc. we asked for two apple crumbles and one cheesecake, accompanied with two coffees. The staff member said the crumble would be too big for my daughter and we should order her the sorbet. We explained we wanted the crumble so she stormed off. The crumble was extremely dry, the sorbet with cheesecake was like out of a packet and the coffee was average. All very mediocre for a high price. Service was awful and staff rude. 100% would not return as we were made to feel so unwelcome.

4  Thank MumofEm
Reviewed 13 August 2014

walking dogs at around 5:30pm todayand thought lets go to Baywatch and have a nice ice cream.. wrong... the ice cream kiosk despite there being dozens and dozens of people milling around enjoying the sun was closed with a chair stuck sideways on the counter there to signify - went inside Baywatch and an off hand girl said its closed on all we've got are the ices in the fridge (as opposed to the multi flavour scoops outside that was looking forward to) - typical of isle of wight sense of enterprise ie don't have one and the vaguely sneering attitude of staff not just at the Baywatch but perfectly illustrated by the Baywatch - customer service.. whats that... never heard of it!!

2  Thank Clive C
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This restaurant was not good. There was flys everywhere and the food was rubbish. I've been eating in the isle of wight for over 8 years and can honestly say that I would never eat at this restaurant again. Goneat at the vine or any other pub. Rude staff. Money spinner.

3  Thank Smoochers
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have been going to the Baywatch during my spasmodic visit over many many years.It has been two years since I last eat there and wow what a change. The staff were didn't give a damn ,the food,we ordered they got 100% wrong. When I pointed out the mistake the rather on the large size young blond lad couldn't have been more unhelpful. Yes they did offer to cook it again but that would take at least 30 mins. It was three in the afternoon so hardly busy. Reason given was that there were people in front waiting for food. I explained they should do mine as a priority then ,got a shrug of the shoulders and was offered a refund. He walked off and a lady called Candice took over said I was rude [ i wasn't at all] and that what I have I got to complain about as my money was being refunded. I explained that refund was fine but lunch was ruined . She continued in an arrogant surely manner practically trying to bait me so I would loose my temper. Which I didn't . Subsequently I learnt that they have had a load of complaints and even the owner has had arguments with customers that the police needed to be called. In short the food was terrible, expensive, staff simply the worst I have ever encountered in my 40 yrs of business life. Do not eat there unless you want to pay over the top ,enjoy rudeness, and risk getting ill. My few mussels I did eat before I realised they were not Thai mussels that we all ordered and got a very upset stomach later that night . Terrible place terrible staff .

3  Thank Edward P