“22/10/12”

Nodes Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed 3 November 2012

we stayed at nodes point mon 22nd til fri 26th october,this was my 31st visit to nodespoint,we also stayed in same chalets on mon 2nd til fri 6th july ,we asked to be accommodated in bronze chalets 188 and 189,for the ease of parking,which were allocated AND BOTH CHALETS WE VERY CLEAN AND VERY ROOMY.i always look at the tripadvisor reviews for nodespoint,and i cannot understand where people are coming from with there negative reviews,they must want 5***** and some are on sun or daily mail cheap holidays,i have yet to be given a chalet/accommodation that is unhabital,and we have stayed in lots of them.after a long lourney 350 miles we arrived at nodes to a welcoming smile at the reception,we were 1 hour early,yet our accommodation was ready for us,i must say that sue and her staff at reception are brilliant,there knowledge of the immediate area,where to go where to eat etc was second to none.over the years ive been going to nodes and getting to know some of the staff,i was informed that chris norman has now retired,he will be missed,they have always gone out of there way to help and assist with any problems,(these are few and far between).we have seen a lot of changes here,you could not ask for a better site to visit,its a great base for exploring the island.
well thanks again sue and your team,looking forward alreay to 2013

Room Tip: always ask for your accommodation,look at the map of the park.188 and 189 are right at the back of t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank david a
Park R, General Manager at Nodes Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Hi David and thank you so much for writing such a lovely, positive review. It so nice to read that you have stayed on several occasion and have always had an enjoyable stay. I am so pleased we were able to accommodate your request for specific numbers of chalets and that you found them to be very clean and comfortable. The staff here at Nodes Point really are an asset and we are extremely proud of all of them. It would seem they are really embracing our visions and values and the benefits are obviously noticeable. I have passed on your comments to Sue and the team and they were all thrilled with your feedback and send their thanks. We can’t wait to welcome you back to Nodes Point again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,311)

Reviewed 2 November 2012

got back from this resort today went on a sun holiday and upgraded to a silver caravan arrived on monday at 4.45 cold and damp got our keys from reception when we got to caravan the gas fire did not work and a nasty stain on seating, vinyl flooring in the living area made van feel colder went to reception bout fire and was told someone would call but lit t with a match myself because too cold with my 7 year old to wait. Maintenance came and said couldnt do anything with fire just to leave on low or light with match and left, i not happy with this so went to reception and complained about fire and that no mop provided to clean floor (by now it had rained and floor very wet and mucky) another maintenance man came brought a very dirty mop with him and we thought he had fixed problem with fire but later that evening fire not work again Went to reception next morning bout stain on seat and fire and was given a box of longer matches which we had to put up with, (personally I think lighting the fire was a health and safety issue because it could of incurred a flash back and burnt me) and a cover for the stained seat said i was not happy with accomodation as no drawers or shelves in bedrooms just wardrobes no hooks to hang coats on so had to have wet coats lying about and no handle on fridge asked for a refund of my upgrade money and was told that this would be arranged (staff were very helpful throughout) Have just looked at silver caravans on website and ours was not like the ones shown, went to eat in the restaurant on first night and was told there a hour wait and only some of the food on menu available because it end of season and no stock left. I have been to I.O.W on many occasions with other parks in silver graded caravans and had a much better experience than this. I will say the caravan was clean and the beds having been made was nice touch and we did go on to have an enjoyable holiday but would not go to this park again. I have taken photos of the stained seat and dirty mop etc but not able to upload them at moment.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

I would like to apologise if you were disappointed with the accommodation that was allocated for your stay. I am pleased that you came to make us aware at the reception of your concerns and allowed us the opportunity to resolve these for you. It is unfortunate that this issue was unable to be fully resolved. I understand that the maintenance team at first thought the problem had been fixed but it soon became apparent the ignition was not repaired. This in itself is not a health and safety issue, however I fully appreciate that this was both inconvenient and disappointing. I would also like to apologise if the mop and bucket supplied was unclean. I have passed all you feedback onto the Maintenance Manager to ensure this does not happen again. I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that the accommodation provided was a silver standard. Makes and models of accommodation can vary in appearance and layout depending on manufacturers and I apologise if this particular unit was not to your taste. Had an alternative been available we would have done our best to move you, but unfortunately, as this was half term, we were full. I have passed all you feedback onto the Complex Manager regarding the wait and lack of stock in the Complex. An order arrived on the Tuesday and replenished the stock, and it was unfortunate that on the Monday evening they also has some appliances break down in the kitchen which caused the delays however she apologises for this experience. I am pleased that despite these issues, you found all the staff helpful and overall you had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

We had a static tent here for a week and really loved the place. Five minute walk to some lovely beaches and so many places to visit on the island. The tent was like a tardis - 4 separate bedrooms, comfy beds and plenty of space for all that holiday baggage that you take and never use and it was clean and well-equipped. Only used the clubhouse a couple of times and that was fine although a little crowded. Plenty of facilities for younger members and the only gripe would be that the pool closed early - we like to go out for the day and return for a swim early evening - and it was closed for large portions of the day for the various bookable activities. An outdoor pool that is available for all to swim in would be a real plus but there are some stunning beaches around that you can use instead. Staff friendly and courteous and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for writing such a fab review. The tents really are unique and I am so pleased you found them well equipped, spacious and ideal for your stay. The location of Nodes Point really is amazing and we are very proud of the beautiful beaches and views here. I am glad you found there was plenty to do here with the entertainments teams activities and I thank you for your feedback regarding the pool. I appreciate that the pool opening times are not ideal for all of our guests, however the activities that the leisure team also run prove very popular. I have passed your feedback on for discussion of possible changes for next year and so I thank you for providing your thoughts. I hope you will visit us again next year.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Went on a sun weekend away ,lovely location quite rural and coastal so a car is a must really even though the island is fairly small.
When we got there we were expecting a bronze caravan but instead they gave us a old chalet with no shower and we were a little disappointed so we asked for a caravan they did give us a caravan they said it was bronze but it was better than that so was very happy had all mod cons and central heating which we needed as it was freezing.

The entertainers were great they really try hard with what resources they have and the other staff were friendly too. the club house itself is a little run down and the smell of fat/chips in the arcade was a little stomach wrenching.

we had a lovely weekend away and could not ask for more than that.

Room Tip: always ask.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

I would like to apologise if you were disappointed with the original accommodation that was allocated for your stay. I would like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to rectify this for you by making us aware and am pleased we were able to provide an alternative caravan that exceeded your expectations. I have passed your comments on to the entertainments team who wish to send their thanks. They really do work hard and it’s great when they know their efforts are appreciated. The club house structure is one of the more mature buildings on the park however every effort is made to keep it looking presentable and clean and tidy although I have passed your comments on to the Complex Manager. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us here and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I just arrived home from Nodes Point today. I'd booked a 2 week family break but unfortunately I was only able to stay for a week however the rest of my family are remaining at the park for the second week. Ok so we had the platinum 2 caravan,  it's location was perfect for us right in front of the kids playground and just a short walk from the parks facilities. The caravan was nice but didn't look as impressive as on the website, just little things like the bedding, it reminded me of hospital sheets white rather then homely and stylish as implied in the website photo's. The Tv was quite small and was lacking in a few touches to the kitchen with colour co-ornation ie; the microwave, kettle and bread bin. In a standard caravan it wouldn't of been something I'd of given a second thought too but as "the top of the range" i was a little disappointed. Our biggest issue was with the hot water or I should say lack of, there was something wrong with the boiler. The central heating began to work on our 2nd day and I didn't dare touch the boiler again just in case it went off. Once on the heating was fab especially this time of year but the hot water would run luke warm for a few seconds then go cold. The park staff did try so hard bless them, from the friendly Security team to Tim the electrician and the rest of maintenance team and not forgetting the lovely Donna at reception who really went out of her way to try and help but dispite all attempts this boiler was just having none of it. The caravan included a fridge freezer, dishwasher and en-suite in the master bedroom and central heating throughout which having a disabled child was one our main reasons for choosing this caravan. We were offered a second caravan of a lower grade but already had a freezer full of food where as the lower grade only had a fridge with an small ice box ( tesco home delivery direct to the caravan on arrival day was a fab idea!) and for reasons surrounding our little one's special needs this alternative was not suitable for us but park resorts allowed us to use the second caravan just two caravans away to shower in and they gave us some vouchers to have a family meal together as a good will gesture, lots of verbal apologies too. I admit the first couple of days I thought oh gosh what have I done coming here but the staff on park were brilliant and quickly changed my thoughts about the park. They are a fab bunch on Nodes Point and I've really got to give credit to the children's entertainment team. Kaybee and Lee especially who really connected with our little one. The whole team were fab! We also enjoyed listening to Danni sing. The magician was really good too - he cost me a fiver in exchange for a penny placed under little one's pillow! Hehe.  I had a lovely natter with Betty (or Bet as she likes to be called)  the housekeeper she was so helpful and cheerful.
On the beach the tide was in when we went down so didn't see much sand but it was a pretty view and I'm sure in warmer months must look amazing. The swimming pool was good too lovely and warm and not too deep which was great for our little man who can't swim as his feet were always able to touch the ground. The life guards were really friendly and fun too, they interacted really well with the children and adults in the pool and we had no problems with bringing a few inflatables in with us too. As a non-driver the taxi's that took us around the island did become quite costly but we found the number 8 bus a short walk from the park really helpful. There is also a stables close to the bus stop, we didn't get a chance to go horse riding during my stay but hopefully the family will be able to do so during the second week. The laundryette, washing machines are currently £4-4.50 per a wash decent sized drums too and dryers £2 for 60 mins.
So that's it really would I go again? 100% yes, looking forward to visiting again next year. Thanks Nodes point :)

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Sandprints
Park R, General Manager at Nodes Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

What a fantastic review. Thank you so much for writing such a detailed and honest account of your experience. Once again I would like to apologise for the disappointment you experienced due to the fault with the boiler. These things can unfortunately not be either predicted or prevented but I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused and thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. It is fab to read that even after experiencing this issue, the staff have restored your faith in us by going that extra mile to help in any way they can. I am pleased that although not ideal, a solution was found that all parties were happy with and allowed you all to enjoy your holiday as intended. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Nodes Point again next year. Thanks again.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

very poor standard caravans.
we may have dogs but we keep every where clean and clean up after our dogs! worst bronze caravan we have ever hired will not be using park resorts again.It ruined our holiday

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bruce183

It is so disappointing to read that you were so unhappy after your recent stay with us here at Nodes Point. Had we been made aware of you dissatisfaction during your stay we would have done our utmost to offer an alternative accommodation which would have hopefully met with your expectations. We as a park, make every effort to maintain all of our accommodations to a high standard, whether a bronze or gold grade, but I am sorry if you felt this was not the case with the accommodation provided for your stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and I hope you enjoy your next holiday, where ever you choose to take it.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

My friend and i booked a Sun holiday at Nodes Point....2 adults and 4 children aged between 5 and 7 years.
The ferry crossing was brilliant and very efficient and we found our way to the park very easily.
We booked in at reception and had been allocated a 2 bed chalet. These chalets are situated at the rear of the park and it is understandable why they are hidden. They are very small, very 1970s, very hi de hi, very dated and ours was very smelly. There was no way that 6 people could manage to stay in such a small place, so we traipsed back to reception...
The lady was very polite and we explained our problem...we were not the only customers moaning about the accommodation.
We were then offered a bronze 3 bed caravan, but would have to pay an extra £40 for this. We went to view the van, which was better than we expected and right next to the play area so our kids loved it.
We headed to the kids disco about 6.30pm, which only happened for 30 minutes before bingo started...we felt a bit of a con as we then had to take kids out of room while bingo on and only place to go is amusement arcade.
Drinks in the bar were very expensive, so after first day we had spent much more money than we had expected to and actually felt ripped off at every turn.
The pool was small but again kids enjoyed it and the water was warm.
The shop on site is very expensive.
We walked down the path to the beach which was pretty but there was nowhere else to go within walking distance.
We would definitely go to the island again but will research a bit more for a better location with more to do in the local area.

• Stayed: October 2012

Hi Jo and thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to apologise if the chalet that was originally allocated for your stay did not meet with your expectations. I am pleased that after making us aware, we managed to provide an alternative which you found to be a lot more suitable and exceeded your expectations and that you found the location of your caravan ideal for your stay. The bingo is run via a link bingo system with our other holiday parks and so has to run at this scheduled time but I apologise if you felt this was inconvenient. The bar prices are consistent throughout our 39 parks and we feel they are reasonable in comparison with other businesses alike, however thank you for your comments. I would say that the location of our park is very much down to personal taste. Park Resorts has four holiday parks on the island and we are popular for the beautiful beach located at the bottom of the park and the views Nodes Point boasts. We feel very lucky to be in such a great location but I appreciate that it will not suit everyone’s needs. Thank you again for your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Helens
Cheverton Copse Holiday Park
St Helens Holiday Park
St Helens Holiday Park
#3 of 6 in St Helens

Been to Nodes Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!