“Fabulous day spent riding with friends.”

Sally's Riding School
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in St Helens
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Had a fantastic 2 hours riding along beaches and bridle paths. Sally and her girls were so accommodating by taking 7 of us from ages 9 to 43 out for a great hack. The horses and ponies were wonderfully behaved, making this the highlight of our 5 day stay on the Isle of Wight.

2  Thank louise e
in 12 reviews
"holiday highlight"
"bucket list"
in 3 reviews
"the staff were friendly and helpful"
in 4 reviews
"feel very welcome"
"whilst on holiday"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 3 September 2011

My family had a wonderful hours ride along the most beautiful beach. The horses are a great mix, and cater for all abilities. The staff at the stable are really very friendly, and obviously love what they do. They took great care to ensure that my inexperienced sons (aged 7 and 9) were on the right horses, and had well fitted helmets and boots. I've done a lot of riding, and my horse well suited to my ability, and I got a lovely long canter along a secluded and private beach. I've ridden at a lot of riding schools, and can honestly say that Sally's is one of the friendliest and well run schools i've come across. I'd really recommend it for all abilities of riders, even novices who just want to see some more of the island's beaches by horseback.

6  Thank Njt72
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I was delighted to hear that Sally's Riding is located at our holiday park at Nodes Point, during the Summer. I am an occasional rider who is experienced but rusty and lacks confidence at times. I was instantly put at ease upon my arrival after booking two one hour group hacks. I rode Archie on both occasions who was a delight, I felt very safe but he was forward going and had a nice pace. I thoroughly enjoyed this experience and was very pleased to see that Sally and her team take safety seriously and would not put anyone in harms way. The horses are lovely, and well suited to their rider and their ability. Sally has a very warm and welcoming nature, it was an unforgettable experience and worth every penny - we will be back! Thank you.

2  Thank Tracy_Neil12
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I've been taken here a couple of times by a friend. This has to of been my first couple of experiences with horses and I didn't feel afraid at all as all the staff were very reassuring. I rode Percey the first time, he was very friendly and made me feel very safe. I also rode Merlin on my second visit he was just the same. I didn't feel pressured to do anything I didn't want to do. All the horses are very well taken care off and are very friendly!! My sister aslo used to have lessons here and she adored it but she had to stop as she started ballet and it got a bit much for her. She learnt a lot, she also rode at brickfields but this is her preferred school :) she also got a few rosettes as well.

4  Thank Carli C
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I've always wanted to go beach riding and Sally's Riding Stables fulfilled my dreams! Ponies are all really well behaved and well looked after. 5 of us went riding and all the ponies were matched to our ability. We were taken out along a gorgeous sandy beach and those who wanted to canter across the beach were able to. All the rides are in small groups and the instructor was really friendly. When we got back we were given rosettes with the date and name of our ponies on. It was the best day of the holiday and well worth the £25 for the hour ride.

9  Thank Sally824