“Best Meal Iv'e Ever Had”
Review of Dan's Kitchen

Dan's Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in St Helens
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2016

I went to dans kitchen with friends. me and my partner used the price is wight menu and my mates ate of the normal menu. to begin we had the munchies board with had; pig check & apple puree, bread, caramel nuts, olives & pickled veg. this was a nice touch and it all tasted good.

I had the duck confit for starter, this was the best confit I have ever had, it was seasoned beautifully. main course I had the belly pork with creamed mash; again beautifully seasoned with rich creamy mash to complement it.

however the dessert was the star of the show, I had jimmy's mess, this had loads of different components that all sat amazingly on the dish and all sung together.

All the staff were attentive and helpful. I couldn't of had a nicer meal.

Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely evening at Dans for a friends mums birthday. A good menu with a specials board, great wine list.
The crab and lobster starter was amazing. Good portion, and with a veg, hooray! You only need a little veg but why do expensive restaurants these days try to sell you just the main ingredient. I'm not the biggest eater but it's meat and veg people!! It was nice NOT to be charged for a bit of extra bread too. You want to enjoy dinner not worry about how much you might be charged for half a slice of bread. So 'other' restauranteurs, add the cost to the main if your that worried but don't charge separately. Main and dessert were great too. Well timed, good service, Well priced (though it is a 'top end' restaurant) overall a great evening, thanks Dan.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

A few weeks ago me and some friends went to Dan's kitchen. I had heard a little about it before I went but didn't read any reviews. The restaurant was homely yet had a formal feel about it too. I loved the fact that the menu's were on clip board which gave a rustic feel.

I started with the plaice goujons with tartar sauce. I'm not a great lover of fish but I though they were fantastic they had so much flavour and I thoroughly enjoyed it. For main course I had pork belly with leeks, crushed potatoes (supposed to be creamed potatoes but as I am not a fan of them I asked to swap and they gladly did it.), apple puree and pig cheek. I have to say I like pork but I am not a huge fan of it but this main course oh my days I would have definitely eaten it again if I had room for it. For dessert I had a trio of sorbets; apple, pear and blackcurrant. I came beautifully presented and had segments on blood orange decorating it. The taste was to die for and id highly recommend all of the dishes that I had ate.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and I would definitely say its worth the money. One of the best places if not the best place that Iv'e eaten at on the island.

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

We had a really nice lunch here, the staff could not do enough to help one of our party who was disabled.

The open fish pie was the winner on our table with skate on the bone and pork belly going down well.

Two of our table had fish and chips, this was really disappointing. The fish wasn't particularly generous, the peas looked over cooked but it was the chips that were grim and not fun. Thrice cooked - great idea, in reality they were super oily which made them really unpleasant.

We did have a good lunch over all, this place promised so much, but didn't deliver. The staff were lovely and helpful.

Reviewed 16 April 2016

Went back to Dans for lunch using our recently purchased Price is Wight 2 courses for £10 per person. Have visited Dans on many occasions but this visit was as good as the rest given the reasonable price we paid.

I had the onion bhaji starter and as a main the whole on the bone plaice with crushed new potatoes and vegetables whilst hubby had the confi duck leg with pickled vegetables as a starter and the pork belly with creamed potatoes and cabbage with apple and peppercorn sauces.

Food was a very good standard and the restaurant was very busy with people enjoying their lunches - a lot there using their vouchers too.

Will be back again soon.