Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Paddle boarding

George was patient and a great instructor. Learnt skills at different levels so we all enjoyed it... read more

Reviewed 9 October 2021
Abidawsonn
via mobile
Paddle boarding - sub splash.

The highlight of our holiday. The instructor was fantastic (we did not catch her name but it was... read more

Reviewed 29 August 2021
jackmccabe11
Manchester, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Isle of Wight
from US$41.54
More Info
All reviews paddle boarding great fun hour session great instructor these guys fun couple of hours wet suits spent the afternoon canoe adventure priory bay value for money lucky with the weather two hours sea kayak great afternoon amazing experience wetsuits
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 May 2015

We wanted to go outside and do something active. The weather was too windy for sand sailing so we opted for a Segway experience. We had never done this before, so we all had a go. Great fun! The staff were very helpful and gave good instructions. The complimentary coffee was also very welcome. Inside we also had a go at table tennis. There are so many things to do. We will definitely come back to try one of the other activities in the future! Thanks for a lovely afternoon!

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

I visited Tackt Isle last weekend, and took my girlfriend. Having not taken part in many water sports before I wanted to show her some new activities; we tried sailing and paddle boarding and she fell in love with both. The beautiful harbour provided the perfect setting and the instruction was second to none. All of the staff there made us feel so welcome, it had a really relaxed family vibe.

We had a wonderful time messing around on the harbour, and my girlfriend a keen Pilates enthusiast is desperate to go back and try out the paddle board yoga sessions!

On the Sunday we took out some mountain bikes and cycled around the coastal path to Seaview. They catered for everything and the equipment was top notch.

I really can't recommend Tackt Isle highly enough. Booking my next trip now!!!!!!

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed 31 August 2014

A very professional organisation with skilled instructors. Great fun for all ages. Excellent value for money. A great experience for the whole family.

Date of experience: August 2014
Ben S, Manager at Tackt Isle Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2015

Hello!
Thank you for your kind review.
We are always aiming to improve our service and it is encouraging to receive positive reviews.
Hope to see you back for more adventures soon!
Many thanks
Ben

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was born and raised on the Isle of Wight, but moved to Devon 14 years ago. Every time I return to visit family, I am struck by the potential of the island for outdoor pursuits and have often lamented the fact that no-one seems to be capitalising on it. Well, now someone is! Tack-Isle Adventures hire out kayaks, paddle boards, mountain bikes etc and even have a couple of mountain boards available. They also offer kayaking and sailing instruction. The prices are very reasonable. For example, we hired a double kayak with buoyancy aids and wetsuits for £25 for 4 hours. I'm no expert on hire charges, but that seems pretty good to me. Mountain bikes are just £15 for an entire day, which is excellent value.

The facilities are good too, with changing rooms, a shower, a seating area where you can eat your own food and you can even have free tea and coffee after your chosen activity. This is a brilliant place and we will certainly return when we visit the island again. It really deserves to do well.

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank pauldoubleyou

Hello!
Thank you for your great review, positive feedback is always appreciated, it makes all the hard work worth while!
The reason we set up was that we too grew up in this beautiful area and were always surprised that there wasn't a centre offering a wide range of adventurous activities to the public.
I hope you will visit us again soon and take advantage of our excellent new activities and equipment as well as great value for money!
Many thanks