“Great activity for young and older alike!”

Tackt Isle Adventures
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in St Helens
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Tackt-Isle Adventures, an exciting outdoor activity centre based at St. Helens Duver on the Isle of Wight. We provide equipment rental, tuition and everything you need for an adventurous activity on dry land or on the water. From dinghies to bikes and crabbing lines to kites, from sand yachts to maps and segways to paddleboards, we've got the kit for all sorts of wet and dry activities, so you can make the Island your playground.
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We went kayaking. There were 7 of us in total and I was at least 30 years older than the other 6 but that didn't matter. Rowan our instructor was great and we had a really fun 2 hours of kayaking, games and laughs.

It helped that the weather was gorgeous but Rowan ensured that everyone knew the basics and made sure everyone was included whatever their level. He also handled a very lively girl who wanted to spend all of her time in the sea and not on the kayak. He was endlessly patient with her and managed her in a very good natured way.

Even I felt included and laughed solid for the 2 hours.

We were all (me and 2 x 11 year olds) were a little sore the day after but all good!

All reviews
"children aged"
in 3 reviews
"great instructor"
in 2 reviews
"the staff were friendly and helpful"
"table tennis"
"brilliant place"
"private sailing"
in 2 reviews
"excellent value for money"
"two hours"
"wetsuits"
"session"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Visited as a large group for a team building afternoon. On arrival the staff were very friendly and explained how the afternoon would run.
We were quickly kitted out in wetsuits and out on the slip way for our thorough briefing and safety talk.
We had the opportunity to try stand up paddle boarding and kayaking (single and doubles)
Emily and Rowan were very helpful throughout and organised games and other challenges for those who wished to join in.
Highly recommended

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Hired bikes for my family and I for the morning. Lovely people, very helpful and recommended a good route for us with our young children. Highly recommend.

1  Thank megm1310
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Rented two single kayaks for 2 hours today. We were welcomed very kindly by Bella (who I had been communicating with about rental). She was so helpful and even lent us a watch and a map to track the time and where to go. Would recommend parking in National Trust car park (3 min walk away) as limited parking next to hut. Facilities in main base were good, and Bella sized us up correctly with wetsuits. Had to wait a few mins to be taken down to beach in landrover, but comfy area to wait in. Had a good briefing by Rory on the beach. We weren't sure how much freedom we would have as only kayaked a couple of times but it was clear that we could ask as many or as a little questions as we liked. A really peaceful kayak around Priory Bay. 2 hours was the perfect time to relax and have a paddle too. Don't forgot suncream! It was a warm day! Very busy with a group when we returned to base, so were offered the staff changing to keep us seperate and private as we got back into our dry clothes! Lots of fun and only £40 for the 2 kayaks for the two hours. Will recommend!

1  Thank Becky G
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 June 2017

I booked through these guys to go on a foraging walk.
They said that "Paul" would call me to arrange where to meet prior to the walk.
I didn't hear anything, I called him a couple of hours prior to the start.
Apparently its not worth him getting out of bed to earn £25 for a couple of hours stroll to pick up free food for himself - as I was the only person booked that day!

Ben S, Owner at Tackt Isle Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry to hear that your foraging walk didn't go ahead. Paul from Fruits of the Land asked us to advertise his walks on his behalf, which we have done, but it seems he has let both of us down. I will pass on your review to him and moving forward, we won't be promoting these walks as an activity.

I hope that this experience hasn't tainted your view of us. It can be difficult working with third parties, but welcome feedback to ensure that we are offering activities that are of a high standard.