“Perfect Wedding Venue”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castletown Geoghegan
Middleton Park House
Galway, Ireland
“Perfect Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is the perfect wedding venue. From start to finish the staff were always helpful and nothing was too much for them. The food was delicious and plentiful. I did not hear one complaint about the food and the amount of clean plates was testament to this. Accommodation was clean, comfortable and warm and the house itself is an amazing piece of history which will have your guests conversing over and admiring. Everyone of the guests thought it was an amazing place and they all said they had a very relaxed day, We had the band in the main entrance hallway and it was perfect with a great atmosphere and everybody felt like getting up to dance. I read a few of the negative reviews and am very surprised by them - we did not experience one negative moment. We cannot fault the place and would highly recommend MPH as a wedding venue.

Room Tip: Suites are amazing!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gman1390
Paul D, Director of Sales at Middleton Park House, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear gmann 130,

Thank you for your review ,we are delighted you had a pleasent stay at Middleton Park House , and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

What an amazingly unique wedding venue! And great for Sunday lunch too! If you are looking for more than the standard 'hotel' wedding, where the staff will really look after everyones individual needs - this is yhe place for you. It quirky character and charm sets Middleton Park House above the rest! The makings of a nice wedding, in to a true great day for everybody there. Sad to leave, but will be back again for Sunday lunch next time iam in Ireland.

5 Thank Craig F
Hi Craig,

I hope you had a pleasant journey back to the U.K ,and thank you for your recent review.
As always we at Middleton Park House are proud of our venue and the service we supply.
We appreciate all feedback from all our guests ,and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Beautiful venue for what was a stunning wedding....
Staff could not have been more accomodating, particularly Cathriona who waited on us hand and foot.
Spent 3 nights in Middleton Park and sincerely could not fault anything.
Food was superb. Rooms were beautifully decorated and toasty warm. Surrounding picturesque grounds to venture around and ideal for the perfect romantic wedding pic!
Will certainly be recommending Middleton Park as a wedding venue and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Sineaddd
Hi Sineadd,

Thank you for your kind words , I am most delighted you liked our venue ,and the service we supplied.
We hope you will visit us again soon.

Kindest Regards

Paul Dooley.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I attended my nephew's wedding here recently, and i must say it was a wonderful expierence from beginning to end. The rooms were very comfortable, and nicely heated, the staff were so friendly and helpful, and the food was "Master-Chef" quality, I especially loved the interval before the main course, as it allowed us to digest the first two course's. I will definitely recommend Middleton Park to my friends.

3 Thank Mary L
Dear Mary L,

I am delighted that you found your recent stay at Middleton Park House a memorable experience and thank you for your kind review.

Kindest Regards

Carlow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I attended my brothers wedding in Middleton House on the 11/4/14 and I have to say from start to finish the staff could not have been more helpful. We stayed for two nights. The rooms were lovely, nicely heated and exteremly clean.The food was of a really high standard also. This was one of the best weddings I have attended and I have to say the beautiful venue and friendly staff really made the day. Thanks to Middleton house and I would highly recommend this venue for any couple looking for a truly magical wedding experience. Y.Bolton

3 Thank Yvonne B
Dear Yvonne B,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at Middleton Park House.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and were happy with the service you received.
Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again at Middleton Park House.

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I attended a wedding here recently and I couldn't recommend the venue highly enough. I had a fabulous experience from the welcome we got on arrival, to the quality of the food and the hospitality of the staff. Will definitely be visiting for the Sunday lunch which came recommended to me from another guest who attended the wedding. Thank you for the excellent dining experience.. Will be recommending your venue in future.

Room Tip: The rooms on the bottom floor are quieter
4 Thank Sarah K
Hi Sarah,

Many thanks for your kind words regarding Middleton Park House.
We take great pride in the quality of our food ,and our customer service.
We would be delighted to see you again for Sunday lunch .
Carlow, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I attended a wedding there on 11.04.14, The meal took 5 hours and when the main course arrived, we all received a piece of steak and two small dishes of veg were provided for 8 people. We asked for more veg and were told by two different staff members that we would have to wait until the entire room of 180 guests were served. I received no more veg just a portion of salmon. The room had no TV and when my husband went to check out the following day he was told that I had not paid for the room when I checked in. Several members of the family left with the story. When I approached the gentleman on duty he was quite certain that I had not paid and when I insisted that I had paid he advised me that the bill would be passed on to the groom, my husbands nephew, who was in earshot at this time. I then produced the receipt I had been given when I checked in. The staff member then made an attempt at an apology which I felt was not enough after the defamation of character I had been subjected to, and while I had hoped to be a returning customer, I was bitterly disappointed. Surely you should have your facts right before you go accusing people in the wrong

19 Thank Anna B
MiddletonParkHouse, Director at Middleton Park House, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear A Bolton,

Having just spoken to the couple to who’s wedding you attended at Middleton Park House, and to hear there sincere disappointment to your comments I felt it necessary to reply to your review.

We at Middleton Park take great pride on all aspects of the service we provide.

We especially are proud of the quality of our food and service to which all guests were highly complementary on checking out on the morning of the wedding you attended. Indeed guests informed me it was the best meal and service they had experienced at any wedding they had attended.

Some of the points you raised are at best comical and mischievous, and with respect to the Bride and Groom to whom I found extremely charming and a delight to have met and dealt with, and to the rest of the wedding party who again were a pleasure to have at Middleton Park House I will answer some the complaints you made.

The meal took five hours:
We pride ourselves on the size of our portions and our service, but we also appreciate that guests attending a wedding can only eat so much, and like to dance and have a drink after their meal, therefore we only serve the meal prearranged with the bride and groom. The evening buffet dose not constitute part of the banquet dinner.

Room had no TV:
The house is over 200 years old, we do not have TVs in the rooms as guests attending a wedding are encouraged to enjoy the house and the occasion, we also do not nor have plans for a swimming pool or a jacuzzi. Middleton Park House is a unique period country house, and we endeavour to hold its charm.

Receipt for room:

Defamation of character is any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person.

Madame as I accepted at the time and apologised, a clerical error had been made with your husband on checkout. As for your reference to several members of your family, how would this be possible as both of you were the only remaining guests apart from the Bride and Groom at reception at that time. The reason we issue receipts is to ensure against errors being made, it is far from a common occurrence but mistakes happen in all areas of business daily. Had you produced your receipt at the onset there would have been no need for the bride and groom to have any knowledge of this error or the need for the long conversation that followed. At no time was any reference made to your character or integrity, as I acknowledged it was our mistake.
You did say to me more than once that afternoon of the damage you could cause by posting a bad review, and that is your prerogative. We will continue to review all our operations to limit any errors and will always accept responsibility when we commit errors. Thankfully these are infrequent and few and we continue to be one of Ireland's top wedding venues.

Regards

#1 of 1 in Tyrrellspass
Loughnagore House BnB
Loughnagore House BnB
#1 of 5 in Kilbeggan

Been to Middleton Park House? Share your experiences!