“Visit to Hampton Exeter Airport”

Hampton by Hilton Exeter Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clyst Honiton
bridgend, United Kingdom
“Visit to Hampton Exeter Airport”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This hotel is situated in a quiet spot off the A30, we found it an excellent place to stay while visiting the area. It is clean and tidy, the staff are helpful and the food is excellent, we would have no hesitation in staying here again and would recommend it

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Turkish first
Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Firstly sat-nav doesen't make easy finding and there are no direct signs to hotel from main road. Hotel itself is really top notch though in many respects, better than HI Express from the few I have visited. My room was a good size and very clean, face cloth in the bathroom was a nice touch and wall soaps were good quality.
Bed was really comfy and despite location it was very quiet.
My main gripe is that I stayed here to be able to catch the FlyBe 0700 to Machester. To be able to park and check in 30+ minutes before doesen't leave enough time to have breakfast, a shame as I did have a look in before I departed at 0605 and it looked good. If they were able to offer it at say 0530 bearing in mind many of their guests will be flying out of Exeter then this would be a real benefit to business travellers. Luckily I planned ahead and brought my breakfast with me but I have effectively paid twice.
Bar area looked good but as I was a late arrival I got my head down. Staff were very frindly and helpful. Defo would stay here again

Room Tip: I think the runway side is likely to be more quiet as flights don't operate after midnight. wher...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Newquaygreen1
Braunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed here for one night with our two kids aged 3 and 5 yrs. The rooms were very new, modern and clean. The bathroom was lovely, with shower gel, shampoo and conditioner in dispensers. The kids shared a sofa bed and we had a very comfortable double bed. The room had air conditioning which kept us cool. There was not a window that opened in the room,but this was probably done to keep the traffic noise out and the noise of the planes taking off/landing. You could hear noise but it wasn't horrendous.The breakfast was great, a self serve breakfast, offering everything you could want. Overall we would return and were most impressed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Convenient and fresh. Classic UK construction with plenty of filling caulk around bathroom and sliding doors that abrade the floors due to poor final finishing! Room is functional and convenient with large TV and effective internet. Shower zone is large but actually not so well designed for floor slippage so be careful. Breakfast was fine and adequate for an all inclusive price. Its clear some clients have not clocked this is a budget roadside accommodation as they seem to want eggs anystyle and ham and cheese!! I suspect the shine will soon come off the accommodation - so enjoy it while it is fresh. Recommended for a one night stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room that does not overlook the A30, its noisy. Ask for a room at the back of t...
1 Thank TechnoProf
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Very helpful and effective staff: housekeeping, front desk, everybody! They are very attentive, remember every request, you don't have to remind them. good breakfast, clean rooms (they are not huge though) Wi Fi is slow I will recommend it to friends/family in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Mariom S
Egham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

A little bit difficult to find and so new that my sat nav couldn't find it!

Delightful young lady checked me in and helped me work the lift buttons!! As a Hilton Honors member offered a drink and snack.

Room was very nice. Well laid out with small work area. The top drawer in the unit by the bed is a safe which I only found when I checked the room before leaving. Nice size bathroom with walk in shower. All very clean. AC was good as hot evening. Not many UK Hiltons have AC. Very comfortable bed.

My Hilton profile specifies "Quiet room, away from elevators". So of course I was right next to the two elevators. Unfortunately this meant that there was a lot of noise from about 6AM.

I thought that breakfast was fine. I didn't try the hot choices but it looked about the same as other Hamptons I have stayed in over the years.

Overall nice hotel and reasonably priced for an airport hotel. However, they should oblige frequent Hilton customers with the room choice they have selected.

Room Tip: Away from elevators
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
New Forest
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed in this hotel which only opened this year. The room was comfortable, modern, clean and very adequate for our needs. The complimentary breakfast was exceptionally good. Our 2 day stay was enjoyable and nothing spoilt our stay apart from the fire alarm going off as I was showering, due to someone smoking in their room.
Although it is close to the A30, once in the Hotel there is no traffic noise.
I would definately recommend this and my only disappointment was I was unable to book a further 5 day stay, as it was fully booked.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clyst Honiton
#5 of 31 in Exeter
Exeter Court Hotel
Exeter Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kennford

Been to Hampton by Hilton Exeter Airport? Share your experiences!