“Wonderful Stopover Hotel/Outstanding Disabled Facilities”

Hampton by Hilton Exeter Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clyst Honiton
essex
“Wonderful Stopover Hotel/Outstanding Disabled Facilities”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I booked this online as we needed to break our journey from Cornwall to Essex. I booked adjoining rooms, one disability and a twin next door(interconnecting doors).The rooms and bathrooms were outstanding. The staff very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was superb, albeit self service but plenty of very nice staff to help. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The bar service and food were just right for a traveller wanting to get to bed early. Simple but tasty.
I had one of the best night's rest ever in the very comfortable/clean bed with excellent air conditioning. Quiet and efficient. The room was silent of any aircraft noise and super blackout blinds. There is a posh restaurant (Marco Pierre White) if you want to splash out but with a 3 yr old not for us! Sauvignon Blanc a bit pricey at £25 a bottle but we opted for the house at £15.50. The coffee from the machine in the morning was pretty dire but loads of other options. The hot breakfast looked beautiful but we went for fruits, yoghurts and probably some of the nicest croissants I have ever had? There were computers available and a well stocked library, needless to say we didn't make the gym!
A truly well thought out travellers hotel. Hilton have got this soo right and we will definitely be using Hampton by Hilton again. A very affordable way to break a journey and elongate the holiday spirit. Thank you to the warm, efficient and welcoming staff of this new hotel on the block!

Room Tip: Be sure of your needs. They have bedrooms to accommodate everyone. As I needed a good sleep for the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Turkish first
stoke on trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

pleasant stay and well located,lovely room,facility's and breakfast,convenient for coast and Exeter,pleasant afternoon at Exeter dockside.missed the junction when first arriving as hotel is beyond the airport and could do with sign at junction.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The service was really poor, the internet service was really slow and the complimentary breakfast was so bad and tasteless we only went for breakfast on the first morning though we were at the hotel for 7 nights

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Chinye U
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I've only stayed one night in June, but after reading some negative reviews, I feel I must redress the balance!!! My friends and I were booked in here after a flight cancellation due to bad weather at Newquay....to get home next day we had to fly from Exeter....we arrived weary and disgruntled after a frustrating afternoon watching other flights land and depart. Yes, the staff were young, but, oh boy, they could not have been more helpful. They were superb in dealing with a group of rather annoyed and very tired passengers. they were pleasant and efficient in every way and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and refreshed. The rooms were lovely, I thought the bed was fine, the bathroom fab, and all in all, everything was great , far better than a lot of my experiences with airport hotels.....so much so, that next year we are booking an extra night staying there to see a bit of Exeter after our week in Cornwall. Well done, guys....you did well by us!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Edinburgh
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Arrived at last - note the Sat Nav took me elsewhere - just drive towards the airport and keep going. Waited a long time to check in - despite only one couple in front of me - they spent 5-10 mins discussing the £2 bus charge to the airport and the timings! Eventually arrived in room - clean and very fresh. Unpacked - then I noticed the room door would not lock - Reception stated that they would fix thenext day - a change of room was arranged - thats fine - however I had to re-pack take everything downstairs - the back upstairs then unpack - no help offered - not great.
Ah the bar - yes these are more than city centre prices - Almost nine pounds for a glass of wine.
Breakfast was fine.
Probably return - as the quality of the rooms were good

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Bristol
Reviewed 26 August 2013

First time of eating in a MPW restaurant and if this is what you get it will be the last time !!

New York Italian ???????????

If this was in New York it wouldn't last a month -- boring menu -- uninspired cooking and staff were a joke -- one young lad -- pooly trained serving at lunchtime !!!

This was a big disapointment and I left after having had the ribs thinking that my pocket had been picked with regards value and the wine -- well limited stocks because their "Order hadn't arrived" -- what happened to stock and selection.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank BristolBigRay
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Visited just for one night, a large coach party checked in just before us, when we got to the reception we were made to wait, whilst the lad finished sorting out his paperwork, it felt like we were a hassle. He was quite scruffy looking (not usual hilton standard), he then told us our room number and breakfast time and that was it, directions to room would of been helpful. On finding room, even when booked for 2 adults and 1 child months in advance I had to pull out the sofa bed and make it up myself (never done this before and stayed at hilton loads as I am a hilton honours member). I found a duvet but there were no pillows for the sofa bed so rang reception only to be made feel like I was causing them a hassle again. When the guy arrived with pillows I told him there were only enough towels in the room for 2 people ! This was getting annoying, this room hadn't been prepared for us at all! I also found a chewed pen lid in the middle of the floor, not sure when this had last been hoovered?? After that settled in well. The rooms were very modern and clean and spacious, bathroom good and breakfast in the morning was great too, nice choice. The member of staff (lady) I encountered at breakfast time was really nice and polite, shame she couldn't have been there the whole time! Overall hotel fab, overall staff need some training on guest relations, would go back to a hampton by hilton, but not this one!

1 Thank NthYks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clyst Honiton
Holiday Inn Express Exeter
Mercure Exeter Southgate Hotel
Premier Inn Exeter (M5 J29)
Jurys Inn Exeter
Jurys Inn Exeter
#11 of 31 in Exeter
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,568 reviews
Mercure Exeter Rougemont Hotel
The Devon Hotel
The Devon Hotel
#5 of 31 in Exeter

Been to Hampton by Hilton Exeter Airport? Share your experiences!