“Could Be Better”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clyst Honiton
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Could Be Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was my first stay a Hilton Hampton, I usually stay at Premier Inn. So I will compare the two.

Rooms/General Hotel
4/5 Stars - As you would expect as this hotel was brand new. Better than a Premier Inn.
Some nice touches such as adjoining room doors and a decent size TV screen.
Room was clean and easy to convert to four in a room by pulling open the sofa.
Nice desk and chair. There was also a decent Gym with the treadmills/weights etc

Staff
3 Stars - Very pleasant, but didn't ask how our stay was when we left. Not as good/switched on as recent Premier Inn staff.

Breakfast
0 Star - The 'Free' Breakfast was the worst i've ever had. The scrambled egg and coffee were both like powder. Does not even compare to a Premier Inn Breakfast, with its Costa Coffee and massive additional choice. If the Breakfast was as good as Premier Inn, I would have give a total review of 4/5 Stars.

WiFi
1 Star - I thought the 'Free' WiFi was going to be good as I had a decent signal. Unfortunately something is very wrong in my room. I measured the download speed at a maximum 0.71Meg in my room and I couldn't get ANYTHING to stream on my iPodTouch. If fact my upload speed was higher. No either the Wifi isn't configured correctly OR the download speed is being strangled by the hotel. Useless for anything other than Text Browsing or Email.

Parking/Access to M5/Airport
5 Stars - Free and lots of Spaces.

So in summary this is a nice Hotel to sleep in, but make sure you have breakfast elsewhere.
And instead of the 'Free' WiFi just read one of their 'Free' Newspapers.

If I was with family, I would chose a refurbished Premier Inn over Hilton Hampton and get the kids eat free Breakfast.
If I was just with my partner I would choose the Hilton Hampton and go out for Breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Turkish first
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

what a fantastic hotel, with friendly staff. We normally stay at the travelodge (not again).
The hotel was in an ideal position to visit the surrounding area, of Beer, Sidmouth, Branscombe and Lyme Regis. It was spotlessly clean, helpful friendly staff, easy car parking and the buffet breakfast was excellent. we couldnt find fault.

1 Thank Serena T
Chippenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel is lovely, the rooms were so clean and tidy, it looked new and it was so well decorated too, the breakfast cant fault it one bit. We used the little gym it didn't have much but it was useful and clean and cool too, thanks for the stay and the staff.

essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I booked this online as we needed to break our journey from Cornwall to Essex. I booked adjoining rooms, one disability and a twin next door(interconnecting doors).The rooms and bathrooms were outstanding. The staff very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was superb, albeit self service but plenty of very nice staff to help. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The bar service and food were just right for a traveller wanting to get to bed early. Simple but tasty.
I had one of the best night's rest ever in the very comfortable/clean bed with excellent air conditioning. Quiet and efficient. The room was silent of any aircraft noise and super blackout blinds. There is a posh restaurant (Marco Pierre White) if you want to splash out but with a 3 yr old not for us! Sauvignon Blanc a bit pricey at £25 a bottle but we opted for the house at £15.50. The coffee from the machine in the morning was pretty dire but loads of other options. The hot breakfast looked beautiful but we went for fruits, yoghurts and probably some of the nicest croissants I have ever had? There were computers available and a well stocked library, needless to say we didn't make the gym!
A truly well thought out travellers hotel. Hilton have got this soo right and we will definitely be using Hampton by Hilton again. A very affordable way to break a journey and elongate the holiday spirit. Thank you to the warm, efficient and welcoming staff of this new hotel on the block!

Room Tip: Be sure of your needs. They have bedrooms to accommodate everyone. As I needed a good sleep for the...
stoke on trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

pleasant stay and well located,lovely room,facility's and breakfast,convenient for coast and Exeter,pleasant afternoon at Exeter dockside.missed the junction when first arriving as hotel is beyond the airport and could do with sign at junction.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

The service was really poor, the internet service was really slow and the complimentary breakfast was so bad and tasteless we only went for breakfast on the first morning though we were at the hotel for 7 nights

2 Thank Chinye U
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I've only stayed one night in June, but after reading some negative reviews, I feel I must redress the balance!!! My friends and I were booked in here after a flight cancellation due to bad weather at Newquay....to get home next day we had to fly from Exeter....we arrived weary and disgruntled after a frustrating afternoon watching other flights land and depart. Yes, the staff were young, but, oh boy, they could not have been more helpful. They were superb in dealing with a group of rather annoyed and very tired passengers. they were pleasant and efficient in every way and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and refreshed. The rooms were lovely, I thought the bed was fine, the bathroom fab, and all in all, everything was great , far better than a lot of my experiences with airport hotels.....so much so, that next year we are booking an extra night staying there to see a bit of Exeter after our week in Cornwall. Well done, guys....you did well by us!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clyst Honiton
Holiday Inn Express Exeter
Mercure Exeter Southgate Hotel
Premier Inn Exeter (M5 J29)
Jurys Inn Exeter
Jurys Inn Exeter
#11 of 31 in Exeter
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,514 reviews
Mercure Exeter Rougemont Hotel
The Devon Hotel
The Devon Hotel
#5 of 31 in Exeter

Been to Hampton by Hilton Exeter Airport? Share your experiences!