Hampton by Hilton Exeter Airport
Gipsy Hill Hotel(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$91
Holiday Inn Express Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$105
Premier Inn Exeter (M5 J29)(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$96
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Exeter M5(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$63
Travelodge
US$110
US$150
US$95
Agoda.com
Jurys Inn Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$82
US$303
US$265
US$106
TripAdvisor
1,265 results
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastsliding doorearly flightrestaurant next doorsat navcountry laneexcellent hotelmodern hotelself servicewalk in showerminute driveplenty of parkingsofa bedexcellent staygood sizebudget hotelcomfortable rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Having been a satisfied Hilton Honnors member for a number of years, and having used the Hampton Inn chain in USA, I booked this hotel without hesitation, I will not again!. This is NOTHING like the US version or what you would normally expect of Hilton chain.

On arrival, I explained to reception that I wanted a 'quiet' room, ie away from residual noise etc as I had had a long drive, had a late night ahead of me and an early start the next day. I was put on the first floor ( despite requesting high floor), over the bar area which played loud music and overlooking the car park where I could hear every person coming and going from the hotel and next door restaurant. I was also put next to guests who wandered in and out of their room into friends rooms with music playing in every room.

On going down to ask for a room move, I was met with one member of staff who listened to my complaint and promptly walked off, leaving me to be dealt with by someone else. This next person then explained that I couldn't be moved because they had accepted a cancelled flight from the airport and needed all the rooms. Only when I refused to accept this did he suddenly find a room on the top floor, not overlooking the car park and away from the public areas of the hotel, why this room couldn't have been allocated to be on arrival I do not know, the attitude of the guy I dealt with was one of pure indifference. I would also point out that staff wearing shirts with unbuttoned collars, sleeves rolled up and with tattoos all over their arms, really doesn't present a professional image!! The whole feel of the public areas was one of cheap, tacky motel.

Breakfast the next day was the worst, most chaotic and poorest quality I have ever experienced in any hotel, anywhere!, how Hilton can put their name to this place I do not know, food quality was very poor, of what hadn't run out that is, hot food was undercooked, both coffee machines had run out of coffee, when I asked a staff member ( Chef) why there was no cutlery anywhere, he replied " dunno mate", this just about sums up the overall quality of this establishment and the levels of service you should expect. Tables were littered with dirty plates/cups etc and the whole place was simply as mess.

Overall, I have to say this has to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in.

The ONLY positive things about this place are the room quality, which is at Hilton standards and location. Do not expect anything else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MrRedLondon
Reviewed 22 September 2013

On the first morning Saturday14th Sept. we went down for breakfast - no staff around the self service area. When we looked for a table half had people on - the rest were cluttered with breakfast dishes. We had to clear a table then find a cloth to wipe the table down. One of the two coffee/hotwater machines was u/s. Next day - Sunday the breakfast area was crowded, again no staff in sight, people queued up for the hot food selection of which half the items weren’t present - awaiting refilling. One of the coffee machines still not working also the orange dispenser u/s with jugs placed in front of it. Everything needed replenishing from cutlery, bread, muffins, coffee for the remaining machine - I mean everything. People where fuming. Again the problem of cluttered tables not cleared. We were told by staff that management had reduced the staffing levels. It needed at least another three staff on the scene. The next two days weren’t as crowded but there was the same shortage of some things like cutlery and cups. On checkout on Tuesday 17th Sept. the manager was there and we complained. He did knock a days room charge off but what I really wanted was for him to listen and take in our complaints. He made the excuse that it was very difficult as everyone came down for breakfast at the same time. If that is the case you have to supply enough staff there for the rush. Pull them from the room staff for the couple of hours you are busy in the dinning room. That’s what a manager is for - to manage the situation, not make excuses. I pointed out that I didn’t realise till the third day that there were trollies to put your used breakfast trays on. I’m sure other guest also hadn’t realised that you would like people to clear their tables. I said why don’t you put a notice up like “ Please place used trays in trollies” this would help prevent the cluttered tables. The manager made some excuse why he wouldn’t or couldn’t - by this time I was beginning to realise I was wasting my time. My next complaint is the room staff. When my wife went to get an extra towel the girl didn’t speak a word of English. As I’ve said god help us if there was an emergency like a fire or we needed an ambulance. How do you get away employing people under health and safety laws who can’t speak English but work in the service industry. My third and maybe you might consider trivial complaint. In the bathroom the shaving plug socket is at the bottom of the wall mirror and 2 inches up behind it. I defy anyone to get their shaver lead in this socket. You have to place your head flat on the basin with your nose up against the tiles to get a glimpse of it. Who design this? and even worse who bought it for your hotels. My wife and I plan to visit Exeter every couple of months over the next three years to see our daughter in the University, so we are trying to find a nice hotel for our stays. I am writing this long complaint because I like Hampton hotel but unfortunately at the moment it is run on a shoe string which will have the affect of driving customers away.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We found this hotel to be welcoming, with a nice reception and bar area. We were extremely pleased with our room, clean, spacious and comfortable, high quality bathroom. We had a relaxing drink in the bar on the evening of our arrival ... but extremely disappointing breakfast, both the service and the food, due to lack of staff to look after a huge number of guests which they were unable to cope with. We'd probably be willing to give this hotel another go ...!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Maria H
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We needed to stay near the Airport because of an early flight the next morning, so chose this hotel. It is very new, and on the positive side, all the staff were very friendly and helpful, and I must rate our bedroom very highly. It was well furnished and comfortable. The disappointment was the decor and furnishing of the public areas of the hotel, ie the bar, and the breakfast area. It is modern and clean, but in our view totally lacking in "warmth" and congenial atmosphere. The tables were angular and bare, and generally too high for the chairs. What a pity they got it so right for the bedrooms and so wrong for the public areas. Also, you actually had to go outside to get to the restaurant, Marco's. Crazy!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I don't have high expectations of airport hotels but this one was excellent. Quick check-in and check-out. Friendly staff. Good restaurant next door (a bit of a decor identity crisis on the Marco Pierre White restaurant but food good with main means starting at £10). Relaxed bar. Immaculate rooms that are well equipped - and quiet. So unusual to be quiet when it is an airport hotel as people tend to get up at all hours. The breakfast was included at no extra charge and was perfect - help yourself buffet - with great scrambled eggs - that is a first! The reason to stay here is that you want to use the airport or some other facility near by - it isn't pretty - but if you want to be near here you cannot do better. By the way I travelled by train. The last direct bus from Exeter St David station is soon after 6 pm so I did need to get a taxi out to the hotel - it is £17 if you book Capital Taxis - you can see their office from the entrance to the station.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business