“They make you pay twice!”

Hampton by Hilton Exeter Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clyst Honiton
Woking Surrey
“They make you pay twice!”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have stayed here several times, I usually book through Expedia. The last time I stayed for three days over New Year. When I checked out on Jan 2nd even though I had paid through Expedia I was asked for my credit card. I queried this and said I had already paid but they took a second payment anyway and said if it showed on my credit card twice to let them know. It did show twice so I let them know on 09th January and they promised to refund the money back as it was their mistake. So now it is nearly a month down the line and still no refund, I keep emailing, they keep saying its on its way. I was also told they would get the payment receipt out for me. Still not been done. Not really good enough and despite me having stayed on four different occasions since they have opened, it has put me off staying again even though I go to Exeter regularly. Would you stay here if you had to pay for the room twice? Over New Years Eve despite me having two young children they put us above the restaurant so the children were kept awake by the party down below - surely they could have put us somewhere quieter. They don't always make up the sofa bed if you have children with you so after a long journey you have to do it yourself. Also black hairs on the bed on one occasion and the cleaning not so good in the bathroom. Also Hilton Honours - I tried to register for this with reception on every occasion I stayed. It was only after emailing Hilton I was finally told if you book through another party you cant claim points for this reward scheme. So be aware as the reception has no clue and are unable to set up any sort of rewards account. Finally there is always a scrabble at breakfast time, and the food isn't refilled as often as it should be, however the more we went the quality of the food did improve so they are nearly there. I wasn't going to post but I think as a month has passed and I am out of pocket perhaps this will make a refund come my way!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank siouxsie_sioux

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Two night stay whilst attending a family event nearby. The hotel is modern, clean, spacious and well appointed. Although not too easy to find, once we did it was very worthwhile. The staff were very polite, efficient and attentive and although near an airport - albeit a small one - you really wouldn't know it as the building appears well insulated. We slept very well in comfortable beds, and the bathrooms are of a very high standard. The breakfast was more than acceptable and the relaxed and informal eating area helped to make the start to the day equally relaxed. We will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank donandkumba
Lyme Regis
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We were offered a complimentary room following a Flybe flight reservation from Exeter. The flight reservation is for 4 people and the "complimentary room" is for one person, confused? us too..........

Room Tip: Sorry we haven't actually stayed there so can't comment.
Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ToniLymeRegis
Gloucestershire
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Very modern, very clean, very comfortable great decor and fittings, with pictures of local area, super mattress ensures a good sleep.
Quiet location with countryside views at the rear.
The breakfast was lovely, as was the evening meal at Marco's next door.
Looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel, new and modern hotel. Nice breakfast. Very clean and comfortable............... you will have access to computer PCs and printer to print the boarding pass etc. The Internet is also available everywhere in the hotel but it is really slow. There is lots of power points everywhere in the lobby area you can charge your device easly. There are many power points in the room as well (more than 8).
I would recommend it for anyone...........................

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Do not be put off by the proximity of the airport, rooms very well soundproofed and few flights. We had view of beautiful Devon countryside. Excellent complimentary hot breakfast. Polite, friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a very modern, clean and comfortable hotel with a courtesy shuttle bus from Exeter Airport. An excellent service was provided at all times and we enjoyed an exemplarary complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Exeter Court Hotel
Exeter Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kennford
Mercure Exeter Rougemont Hotel

Been to Hampton by Hilton Exeter Airport? Share your experiences!