I stayed in whitbarrow with my husband and our 2 children aged 21/2 and 4 months. The grounds, pool and resort where well kept. Our accommodation was Kirkstone 5 and from the moment we checked in there was a stench of stagnant water/ blocked drains in the upstairs- maintenance arrived promptly and were helpful but after 3 visits in the first 5 days we gave up trying to get the problem rectified- the smell made you feel the accommodation wasn't clean but it was in fact very clean- fixtures bad fittings tired and need refreshing- restaurant mediocre and could be improved - pool great, staff friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located just fifteen minutes from the M6 motorway, halfway between Penrith and Keswick and a mere five minutes from Ullswater, The Whitbarrow Village resort sits beneath the famous blencathra fell (also known locally as Saddleback) and offers both luxury and serenity to all who visit – as well as easy access to the delights of The Lake District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. and Booking.com so you can book your Whitbarrow Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seasons Holidays Whitbarrow Village Hotel Berrier
- Whitbarrow Village Cumbria/Berrier, UK