“Relaxing break”

and 1 more site!
Landing Cottage Guest House
Ranked #2 of 2 Lakeside B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights for my birthday and were instantly upgraded to the kingsize room. I received a birthday card from Colin the owner which was a nice personal touch. From the start he was very welcoming and nothing was to much trouble. The room was very clean and comfortable and there were lots of little extras added to make our stay more home from home. The cooked breakfasts on both mornings were delicious and cooked the way we wanted it. Lake Windermere itself was a two minute walk from the cottage where you could get a boat ride to Ambleside and Bowness or visit the lakeside Aquarium. Overall a great base to enjoy what Windermere has to offer at a very reasonable price. We would definitely stay here again if we ever decide to visit the area again.
Julie and Lee

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bluebird08

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at this Guest House in 1984 on our honeymoon. We returned 5 years ago for our wedding anniversary and met Colin. We decided to return there last month and I spoke to Colin on the phone and he remembered us. When we arrived at Landings Cottage we were shown to our room and confronted by a large bunch of flowers and a bottle of "bubbly". We were there for a week and were joined by friends over the weekend. Colin took care of us all as usual, so once again "Thank you Colin and we hope to see you in 5 years time".
Missing your breakfasts already!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roy C
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here for two nights as we were attending a wedding. The owners were beyond helpful and lovely for the entirety of our stay. We had a marvellous cooked breakfast both mornings and would definitely stay here again.

Unfortunately we couldn't get an ensuite bedroom at the time I booked the room and I wasn't a massive fan of the shared facilities but the toilet and shower were clean. There would be no issue if it wasn't for me being, as my boyfriend would say, 'funny' about stuff like that.

The cottage is beautiful if not a little dated but I think this all ads to it's charm.

All in all I would recommend readers of this review to book a room at this b&b. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fee89
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed for 1 night at the landing cottage. It was a great base if you are exploring. The owner is very welcoming and knowledgeable and the rooms and facilities clean and comfortable. Great breakfast too included in the price

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Simon B
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at landing cottage for 3 nights in early November, and would strongly recommend it to anyone!
A great B&B, located within easy commuting distance of everywhere you may need and more.
We were well looked after by the owner (Colin I believe), who made excellent recommendations of attractions - even loaning us his map for a beautiful drive through the mountains.
Rooms were serviced daily, fantastic breakfast cooked each morning, all done by Colin - the guy a credit to himself and we couldn't have asked for more!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ReTanner
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We spent 3 nights at this BnB and can honestly say we enjoyed our visit.
We were only looking for a place to eat breakfast and have a decent nights sleep in a clean comfortable bed and thats what we got.
Colin the owner works his @ss off to provide you with a both these requirements and does not deserve some 'little hitlers' with cameras inspecting everything from dusty light bulbs to only having instant coffee,we listened to a couple moaning about the fact that filter coffee was not available.....try paying the prices at the Swan or Lakeside if you are that picky about this.
We would stay at the 'Landing' again and wish more proprietors tried as hard to keep guests happy.The en-suite room we had was really comfortable and clean,the decoration was adequate and bed was great,having a memory foam mattress.The breakfast was good and gave a filling start to the day,before taking in the scenery and walks.Colin has a good knowledge of the area and is never slow to offer advice.
Both of us enjoyed our stay and will try and return in the New year,thanks again Colin
Cheers from Glasgow big man

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nowandthen26
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Great B&B if you are looking for a budget hotel - It is in a nice area with the lake a 5 min walk away.
The room had everything we needed and was a decent size.
The bed was comfy and there was tea and coffee making in the room.
One problem I found with the room was lack of sockets - when I came to do my hair I had to pull the bedside cabinet out and unplug the lamp which was a bit awkward.
There is a nice sitting area outside in the garden and we had free parking. There is a sitting room downstairs as well with books and info to hand.
I was a bit disappointed when we got to the entrance as it was a bit dirty and uninviting.
We agree with other reviewers that the house smells musty and sorry to say but it really bothered
us because you could not ignore it.The bedroom was not as bad as the rest of the house but we kept our window open.
Some parts of the house need a clean but the plates, cups and cutlery in the dining room were spotless.
It's a shame as the only thing that would put us of returning is the smell because we loved the house, location and the price is really good for the lakes.
The owner is lovely and really helpful.
I am surprised there are so few reviews.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat D

Been to Landing Cottage Guest House? Share your experiences!