Just recently stayed for five days at The Head and can only wonder about the "average" and "terrible" reviews posted on here, in our opinion these reviews are most unfair and should be ignored.
The accommodation is spacious, spotless,and very comfortable, the garden is NOT overgrown it is set out to be a typical cottage garden which in turn attracts different species of wildlife.
Liz and David are superb "mine hosts" with nothing too much trouble, one only needs to ask. The menu at first glance does appear to be typical pub grub but there the similarity ends because the quality of the food and the cooking is certainly well above "pub grub" standard, in fact we have dined in "starred restaurants" and many times the food has been of lesser quality than at The Head.
This was our first visit to the area and will not be our last, The Head will most certainly be our choice of place to stay due to its location but not least because of the warm welcome we received from Liz ,David and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Head at Middleton is a charming country inn and restaurant situated on the A683 between Sedbergh and Kirkby Lonsdale. We provide Bed & Breakfast and Self-catering accommodation in an area of outstanding natural beauty. The Head is everything you'd expect an English country pub to be: excellent home-cooked pub food, open fires in winter, a rustic bar with a fine selection of wines, malts, soft drinks and ale, and extensive gardens with seating areas. Our aim is to give all our customers a traditional Cumbrian welcome. Whether passing through, enjoying our country inn and pub food, or enjoying a break in one of our en-suite hotel rooms, you are assured warm hospitality. Motorhome guests using our restaurant are welcome to stay overnight on our car park. We welcome walkers, cyclists and bikers and the Head at Middleton is a dog friendly pub and hotel. Our garden is a haven for bird watchers, and golfers can enjoy nearby courses at Kirkby Lonsdale, Casterton and Sedbergh. Visitors to nearby Sedbergh School are assured fine hospitality. Whatever your reason for visiting the Head at Middleton, you'll get a warm welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Head at Middleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Head At Middleton Cumbria
- The Head At Middleton Cumbria