“Home from home :-)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crosthwaite
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Home from home :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Enjoyed our 6th visit to this lovely hotel,once again everything was perfect, we had a lovely room, stunning food, and was nice to catch up with wayne, jean, paul and lavinia.
Got our next visit already booked for in a couple of months , can't wait to get back to this special place, love it here , our wedding day here was just perfect :-)

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank saranscott
The_ManagerSLH, Manager at Damson Dene Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
It was lovely to see you again and we really appreciate your 5-star review. We must be doing something right to have earned your repeat visits and we'll keep up the good work. Until the next time, take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a nice setting and a good base to explore the lake district. The room we stayed in was #11 and has a four poster bed and jacuzzi bath, both of which were very good. Very comfortable bed and powerful jacuzzi although I was expecting a bigger tub, this was the size of a standard bath. The room was spacious enough for myself, my fiancée, our 10 month old daughter and our dog! We had fantastic views over the hotels gardens and the lake districts rolling hills. The room was clean however could do with improved decor, a couple of curtain hooks were broken and the bathroom was a bit worn. My only real criticism of the room was the shower which I felt could of been better due to its low power and poor temperature control.

The staff at the hotel were superb, very helpful and considerate. We ate in the restaurant the first night and the bar on our second and the food is very good, me and my partner both had the burger and it is the best burger we have ever had, well worth the £12.50 that I read someone question on a review on here!

I will definitely look at returning to the damson dene next time we visit the lakes with our daughter and our dog.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for being our 1100th review! We're pleased it was a good one too. We love reading these reviews if for no other reason than the diversity of opinions! We are delighted you thought the burger to be well worth the money. Thanks for posting that nice photo too. We'll look forward to seeing you again!
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Just came back form a weekend at the Damson. very friendly staff, rooms were comfortable, and leisure facilties were good. Was a little confused though. The deal on offer included a 4 course meal on the first night. We had starter, main and desert, and found that the coffee had a supplement? Am still wondering where the fourth course was? The only thing that we can think of, is that we were offered a small bread roll when we sat down. Now forgive me if I am wrong, but surely a bread roll is NOT a course??? The breakfast was nice, but i did think that the meals in the bar were expensive. Burger and chips £13.00??? and when I say chips , you got around 8 chips in a bowl. TV kept freezing too. Nothing really major, woudl definately go again, and hope that we get FOUR courses next year!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review and for saying you will visit us again. I do apologise for the confusion on the 4th course. The coffee should have been included. If you want, please ring the hotel and they will refund the supplement for you. Thanks again.
Blackpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband have just spent a fantastic weekend at the damson dene. The hotel is lovely and all the staff are so friendly. Wayne the manager is brilliant he is there all day and night always smiling and having a laugh with everyone.
Our room had a four poster bed which was a lovely touch.
The food in the restaurant at night was absolutely lovely and we couldn't fault this hotel on anything.
We will be booking to go here again :-)

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helent19710
The_ManagerSLH, Manager at Damson Dene Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for this wonderful review. We love that 5-star rating as well. We'll keep up the good work and look forward to warmly welcoming you back. Thanks again.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at this wonderful hotel from 31st Jan to 2nd Feb 2014. We were so delighted with our four poster bedroom with it's large Jacuzzi bath! The food served in the restaurant was absolutely delicious and presented to perfection. Wayne the hotel manager was a delight to meet and I feel he makes the hotel with his charming personality and how he makes all the guests feel welcome. The hotel staff go out of their way to please their customers and this is priceless in itself... I am an author and I will be using the Damson Dene hotel as a romantic setting in my upcoming trilogy due for release in the spring! It's the perfect setting for my two main protaganists...I highly recommend this hotel and with it's spa, pool, steam room and sauna there is something for everyone. Thanks to all the staff at the Damson Dene Hotel. From D.G. Torrens (Author)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7, which was perfect for a couple. With a lovely four poster bed and large Jacuzzi...
1 Thank Dawn T
I'm not sure the Damson Dene has ever been the setting for a novel before, you'll have to send us a copy when it is finished! We are really pleased you've enjoyed your stay with us and that has given you some inspiration. We'll look forward to reading your work. Thanks again.
Tyne and Wear
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Just been for a two day trip. My mum and I were big fans of the hotel documentary so it was a bit if a treat to stay in reality. I have to say, it was a fantastic stay. My little girl had a wonderful time being looked after by the staff. From Wayne putting bread out so the ducks would feed next to her window at breakfast, to the receptionist admiring her case and the waitresses generally making a fuss of her. Nothing seemed any bother. It was so relaxing and friendly that we will definitely be back. Damson dene you did not disappoint.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marshallmont
We've really enjoyed reading your review and love that 5-star rating, thank you. We are delighted you and your family had an enjoyable stay and we hope to see you again. Thanks.
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Me and my fiancee stayed at the damson dene for 2 nights and it was fab. The staff were really friendly, the food was lovely and beautiful views, there was plenty of things 2 do, only downside was that we should of stayed longer. Will defenetly be going back there. :)

1 Thank bethpeters63
Thank you so much for your review and the 5-star rating. We loved that the only downside was not staying longer. We really hope we'll be seeing you again. Thanks.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crosthwaite
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,990 reviews
Newby Bridge Hotel
Newby Bridge Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newby Bridge

Been to Damson Dene Hotel? Share your experiences!