“A solid choice”

Fiesta Americana Aguascalientes
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Aguascalientes
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past 10 years, and I have never been disappointed. I come to Aguascalientes for work, but enjoy this hotel in the evening. The location is the best in my opinion, as you can walk out the back door to numerous restaurants, bars, sidewalk cafes, convenience stores, etc. It is very safe to walk around the plaza at night, as it is full of families, couples and children. The food is above average, and they have a nice breakast buffet. The outdoor bar / restaurant is very relaxling after a day of work. The rooms are well appointed. I can not think of any negatives, although you do pay a little more for all these conveniences. The staff are all very helpful and friendly. Give it a chance!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank bmiller474
Maripaz21, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Aguascalientes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2016

We earnestly would like to thank you for visiting our City and staying at our Hotel.
We are happy to have served you and we look forward to continuing to be your home in Aguascalientes in your next trips.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I could not say enough good things about this resort. We absolutely loved staying here and the location could not be beat. The staff was friendly and attentive along with being knowledgeable about the area. Our room was clean and the pool a virtual ghost town, which made it a dream for my children! (Because it was a chilly day by Mexico standards, the locals looked at as as though we were nuts!!) This is one of the two hotels that we truly love staying in when we visit family in town. The rooms are spacious (we are a family of 5 and brought a pack and play with us) and the housekeeping staff always ready to please. This hotel is deserving of it's top ranked status.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I came to the city of Aguascalientes with my family to revisit a place where I've studied my career.
By a friend's recommendation I chose Fiesta Americana for I had also to offer a dinner to celebrate an academic accolade, therefore I had to invite old friends to join me at my private dinner at the hotel. The hotel manager was very kind in helping find the way to choose the best way to accomplish this task, he was actually outstanding and sent me to the manager of Food and Drinks department, Mr. Lorenzo Inserrato who proved to be of substantial help in organizing this event for me.
The stay in Aguascalientes was unforgettable and so was the stance at the hotel thanks to Mr. Mattias and Mr Inserrato. This hotel is well located in the place where the annual Aguascalientes fair "Feria de San Marcos" takes place but in the Off Season is a beautiful place to walk and enjoy form the scenario full of statues, churches from ancient times and the folkloric central plaza with the shopping street "Calle Madero". Fiesta Americana is the best place to be in "Aguas" (A short nick name for Aguascalientes)
I had negotiations with Mr

Room Tip: Junior suite is exceptional value and price quality acquisition !
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 May 2013

In all my travels, I can't think of a better place to be away from home than Fiesta Americana Aguascalientes.
Even when I was sick, The Staff took care of me by getting me special drinks and medicine.
I got frequent calls to make sure I was OK.
The staff from the General Mgr. Division Mgrs. and all personnel where my friends and continue to be my friends away from home.
Fiesta Americana was my home from End of April/13 to May 18th , 2013
I will miss the hotel, the gym where I was doing all my preparations for the track and field championships. Sundays, my only time to be by the pool and take the sun.
I have to thank all the personnel from the Door boys: Felix/Freddy/Jorge/Alfredo/Hector/Pancho
Antonio/Salvador/ the front desk: Sarai/Shunaaxhi/Olga/Shannon/Diego/Marcela/Memo/Ivonne. Mrs. Yoshikai Ayumi for not letting my sleep in the Garden when we didn't make the reservations on time.
At the restaurant, the Capitanes: Marcelo and Ezequiel and their Teams: Don Efrain/Rafael/Irais/Jaqueline/Miguel/Jonathan/Noreli/Sergio/Mari/Cecilia/Itzel/Fatima. The Kitchen Staff; The Team taking care of my room every single day: Martha/Luz/Hilda/Marisol/Gaby and not to forget the friendly smile of Mrs. Isda. Of course I could not forget Senor Lorenzo and his boss Sr Matthias Albert.

Thank you so much for all you and your Team did for me to make me feel like HOME!!!!!!

Room Tip: Well, I had different rooms and I loved all of them, you can't go wrong, all the rooms are Excel...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2013

As you can see from the different reviews, there are many excellent hotels in Aguascalientes and I have stayed at a couple of them. Since my company has a facility in the city, many of my colleagues have discussions about which is the best hotel to stay at while visiting. In my opinion it really comes down to what you are looking for in a hotel. For me, the Fiesta Americana is my choice because the location is great and staff and service make it a pleasure to return.

From the greeting you get stepping out of the taxi from the airport through the check in process to get you settled in your room, it is a very comfortable process. In the morning, Eprain greets you at breakfast like you are an old friend and remembers your name throughout your stay whether it is your first or tenth time there. Alfredo, the chief concierge even gave me his cell phone number to call him as I had some difficulty with some transportation issues and he was able to resolve them for me.

The location also keeps me coming back. I don't really need to travel thousands of mile to visit another mall. So, I like eating in the outside covered dining area and watching the activity in Expo Plaza area. It is a gathering area for many including families. If you are there near a weekend, there will be vendors set up offering many things. Then, it is a pleasure after work to be able to walk through the plaza to the Jardin de San Marcos and even further into the center of the city. All of these are within a few blocks walking distance.

The only suggestions I have is: 1.) Be sure you give the reception desk your frequent flyer number so that you can get miles for your stay and 2.) the last half of April is when the Feria de San Marcos is held. It is extremely busy and noisy. I would recommend either planning your visit for some other time or for this one time, stay somewhere else (but be sure to at least visit the Feria).

So, if given a choice, I always come back to the Fiesta Americana.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

This is an old hotel but it's in good condition and the staff is very helpful and friendly the location is good, it's walking distance from the downtown area and the food at the hotel is good but you have more choices one is across the street it's called VIPS a family restaurant with good food and a resonable price, rooms are not as clean as i expected because we moved one of the beds to have them both together and the carpet was full of dust like if it hasn't been clean in a year but we called front desk and they sent a cleaning lady in just 5 minutes to vaccum so it was ok.
So in general we had a good experience and if i go back to aguascalientes i would definately choose this place again.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank W0rldTraveler001

Reviewed 7 February 2013

I stayed at the Fiesta Americana for business purposes. Very good service was provided from check in through check out. The property is well kept and groomed. The restaurant had a good selection of menu items. The bar looked to be nicely decorated. I did not use the spa but the pool and spa area looked very nice.

My room was very comfortable and the bed had two regular size pillows and two very over sized pillows. Room also had small couch, sitting chair, and desk with desk chair. Closet walls seemed thin as I heard clothing hangers being shifted in the next room but did not hear any talking or otherwise from the next room. Room also had a sitting balcony with two chairs and small table with awning cover which was nice for opening the door to let fresh air in yet partially covered from direct sunlight. Notices in the bath detailed that all tap water was potable and a 300 ml bottle was provided for free each day with larger bottles available for purchase in the room.

Wet bar and snacks were good selection including cola, juice, energy drink, beer, and liquors though priced for hotel profit as always found in wet bar offerings no matter what hotel and where located. There was an in room refrigerator which was mostly filled with wet bar items though I moved some around in order to fit other drinks purchased outside of the hotel.

Many shops selling tourist type items in the plaza area though a significant portion of the other buildings on the plaza seem to be bars and nightclubs that may only open during the festival. Very easy to walk from the hotel to other plazas, parks, and churches. The hotel is also very close to a major bullfighting ring that figures into the yearly festival.

Very good value for amenities but my room may have been slightly on the higher cost level since my employer made reservations through a travel agency. Room rate quoted at check in did include all taxes so there was no daily rate tax shock upon final checkout.

I would stay again. Thank you.

Room Tip: Room with sitting balcony and awning cover.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business