Hotel San Angel
Hotel Gandara(Hermosillo)
  • Restaurant
San Alberto(Hermosillo)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Very bad experience , People at front desk need better training ,took us 20 mins to check inn plus another 30 mins to find out that we had to carry our sutcases across the other side of the hotel wich by the way it was next to the room where they have their events and by that i mean more than 1 so you can imagine the noise coming from them and don't forget the next door people that brought out their own music to the parking lot .. very unpleasent to find out beer cans and cigar butts next to my car.
Both bedspreads in our room had big stains and when we called the front desk they had only change 1 of them and 10:30 at night they knocked at our door for the second one.
Found a cockroach at the sink .
The next morning checking out at 9:00 am we asked to speak to the Manager and we were told there was none he wasnt going to be in till 1 to 2 hrs later.
If you ever have a chance to stay, DON'T!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Cris V
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stay at the San Angel regularly on my way through Hermosillo. Most gringos stay down at the other end of town in the Fiesta Americana or the like.

The San Angel is clean, modern, quiet and comes at a great price, especially if compared to the other end of town. It's close to the airport and a shopping mall just north of the overpasses. The restaurant has a great buffet. If your Spanish is limited, a buffet is the best way to gain weight in Mx!

Stay here. You'll like it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank geoqwest
Reviewed 17 May 2011

It has everything. Clean, spacious, good service, friendly, delicious and varied food, health events, limousine, to me that I like traveling, or simply eat well, I love San Angel, is a very good hotel. I give him a 100.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank DanielaSaenz
Reviewed 25 January 2010

I definitely will stay here from now on. The place was extremely affordable, and very nice. I once stayed in a hotel in Mexico for a lot more, and it was ugly. This place was the opposite. It was quiet, clean, and had great service. The only thing I would change is to add more drinks to the menu, I didn't really like the selection of mixed drinks at the bar, but the bartender was extremely nice and delivered great service. I was very happy with my stay!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lacabanilla
Reviewed 7 May 2008

We have been staying at this great hotel since 2002 and keep returning! Nice clean rooms. Conveniently located near the airport down the street. The hotel offers free round-trip air-conditioned shuttle-service between the airport and hotel.

The staff has always been friendly and there has always been a front desk person (or 2) who speak English.

From Hotel San Angel, you can walk next door to Soriana (similar to Wal-Mart plus has groceries), and a movie theatre next to Soriana. About a block away is a Ley supermarket and an indoor mall, and a Wal-Mart. There is also the baseball stadium a stones throw away too.

We usually make online reservations and have never had problems...we've also just shown up and fortunately were able to get rooms too.

Our favorite feature of the hotel is the breakfast buffet however! Plus they have an omelette bar! They offer local cuisine, and similar food items you would eat in the U.S., and many healthy options.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends