“Poor customer service”

Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Hermosillo
Phoenix, Arizona
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Where do we start? The front desk customer service was poor on their best day. When you arrive at the airport, call them and make sure you get an arrival time for the hotel shuttle. More than once, they will say the driver is "on his way" (the check is in the mail), and 20 plus minutes later, I'll call back and the front desk person has an attitude! The drivers, however, when they got there were ok. The climate control in the room is loud and doesn't work very well. The beds are hard and there are no face cloths in the rooms. The house keeping customer service is good. The food at the restaurant is greasy, so if you're health conscious, beware. My company put me up in the hotel, so I had to stay. If it were up to me, I wouldn't be there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TimeZoneCrosser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mexico City
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Due to my job in a Mexican enforcement agency, and after four hours of traveling by bus, I had to stay overnight in Hermosillo to take my flight to Mexico City, next morning. Some of my co-workers recommended me this hotel. I arrived during the night, tired and hungry and expecting the worst. But what a nice surprise to be received by friendly staff at the front desk. My reservation was ok, somebody amiably put my luggage onto a golf cart, and I was taken to my room which was adequately clean, air condition system ok, queen size bed ok, clean sheets, shower in good condition, enough towels although a bit old but acceptable. As I entered the restaurant, wow! an awesome buffet the whole day (24 hours)! A wide assortment of freshly dishes and desserts, soft drinks, coffee, etc., etc... Finally, next morning I had Complimentary transportation airport-hotel-airport in a van of recent model. I greatly recommend this property for family vacations and for couples enjoying a weekend. This hotel is located in a modern zone of Hermosillo.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This has been one of the worst hotel experiences anywhere where I have stayed.
Staff: The staff is more concentrated on following the hotel rules than providing a friendly service. and helping any guests with their needs.
Restaurant: Although it is very convenient to have a 24hr buffet restaurant on site. The staff again is concentrated on following the rules. You cannot go in to the dining area to have a look at the buffet unless you purchase the ticket. Staff is unfriendly and they look that they despise being there.
Rooms: We stayed at one of the family suites. Although fairly clean, the mattresses were torn and hard. Not enough toiletries were provided. No iron or iron board provided. Window screens on room were loose.
Pool Area: Pool kept reasonably clean. There is staff on pool but towel service is terrible since you have to walk to an unmarked building away from the pool to get pool towels in exchange for your ID. Most other hotels would have towel service next to the pool. And again the staff is there not to serve the guests but to enforce the rules.
In general the services staff gives the impression they despise they jobs and could care less about guest comfort. I will never stay at this hotel or eat at the restaurant again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Enrique A

Travellers are raving about these Hermosillo hotels

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is a simple but safe hotel for the quick night before or after the airport. Everyone there is very nice and it is a very safe hotel. The buffett is actually amazingly great food for just $10pp. Both breakfast and dinner were awesome. Great pool. Great staff.

The 4 stars is not to say this is a 4 star resort but it is 4 stars for what you pay and it's intended purpose.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool if you will be using it. But if you want quiet ask for one away from t...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SharkMan6846
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 17 January 2013

stayed here for one night with the family because of overbooking issue with aeromexico, and they put us in this hotel

we asked for a nonsmoking room, but our room smeled like cigarrete

we ate the meals at the hotel restaurant, its a mexican food buffet, guess its ok if you are very hungry

best thing about our stay was the shower

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank guilad
America
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Do not stay at this hotel, very bad experience here. The price is low but not worth it to me. When I arrived the line to check in was out the front door of the lobby and it was taking them forever to check people in. The staff are very rude and discourteous. I went back later to ask for info on a nearby restaurant and although no one was in line at the front desk, no one could help me. When they did help, they were very rude. The beds hard as rocks. For breakfast I stood in line for 30 minutes just to get into the restaurant because they are so disorganized, not because it was full. I had meetings and there was no place to do it, and you have to buy something just to get into the restaurant. Every single employee I dealt with was miserable, they must have a horrible boss. I will not go back.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank weninaz2010
Zamora de Hidalgo, Mexico
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I had a not nice experience when in a hurry for the airport I was told a towel had a stain. They showed it to me It was a pale pinkish stain I asked if they had tried to wash it with just a little bit of water Not havng time for more I had to accept the charge They gave me the very many times washed towel so I could rinse it at home and, as I thought, the 'stain' came out very easily
I consider this very abusive from the hotel employees
Another terrible experience was the 'stone' hard mattress UFF!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business