“Had fun in Mexico!”
Review of Sonoran Sky Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Penasco
Sonoran Sky Resort
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Puerto Penasco
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I highly recommend visiting the Sonoran Sky for either a vacation or just a social time spent on the beach in Rocky Point. The pools were fun and the visitors were friendly to me. It is ridiculously beautiful and the ladies were prevalent. The staff seemed pleasant and I already had the towels I needed and such so I didn't need them for much because everything was already handled. If you've never been to Mexico or want a mexican beach trip this is the way to go, i'll go back sometime for sure.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor and was fine, all of the rooms are great though, just depends if you lik...
3  Thank Mike W

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sonoran Sky. I booked at the last minute, expecting to get the last choice availability and instead got an excellent room with a great view. The staff was super friendlily and accommodating, even with my last minute arrival. Everything was easy to find and I had a great vacation. Thanks Sonoran Sky!

Room Tip: Book your room earlier than I did. Remember there is a difference between ocean-front and ocean-view...
2  Thank Hector L
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed there over Memorial Day weekend and had an amazing time. The staff was helpful. The condo was clean and had extra blankets. The view was amazing and I could see all the way down the beach from my condo on the 8th floor.

Not only was the bed very comfortable for a vacation home, but there was the most wonderful view from the bed of the entire ocean!!

The pools were very unique and at a perfect temperature!

Room Tip: NW Corner condos that the best view of the beach and the ocean
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank TDB3825
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This was a bad experience. The room was very nice and the view was great. However, wind whistled through the windows so loudly that we could not sleep one of the two nights there. It sounded louder than a train that you were standing five feet away from. In addition, the tv did not work. It was removed and never returned during our two day stay in mid week. Worst of all was the lack of respect and attention from the staff. No one was present at times at front desk. I asked for a refund of $100.00. It took until June for me to get a refund of $31.00 out of the $400.00 bill. Phones calls were not returned, promises not kept, paper work not done. If I had not been stubborn, I would not have even received the measly compensation they provided.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Steve Z
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife and I booked a three day stay based on the glowing reports on Trip Advisor. Perhaps they were true at one time, but we had an extremely bad experience. The staff was ill trained and apathetic. The resort had far fewer amenities than advertised. Our room was not ready when we arrived, so we were told we could wait a the poolside restaurant, but that was not allowed because we were wearing street clothes, not swimsuits. We talked and elected to move to the Penasco del Sol, where we were greeted warmly and had a great time at half the price.

A few days after we returned home, a fraudulent charge showed up on the credit card used to book the room. The charge was from Paris, France, and luckily the credit card company flagged it and contacted us immediately. That card us used rarely, and the only recent use was with the Sororan Sky.

It is a shame that this beatiful facility so poorly manged. Book at your own risk!

8  Thank donkolson
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I had the most amazing vacation over Memorial Day weekend. I rented a 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom condo on the 8th floor of the resort through Seaside Mexico. The staff was pleasant and made check-in very easy. The condo had a wrap around balcony with the most breathtaking views of the Sea of Cortez where you can watch the sunsets in the evening. The resort had a state of the art fitness center, swim up bar, and water slide. The beach front access was also a huge plus. My family will continue to visit this resort throughout the summer. We were so impressed with the professional and courteous staff at the front desk. They helped us pick out places to go and even recommended special excursions that were available.

Room Tip: The 8th floor corner unit was amazing.I would highly recommend because you have panoramic views of S...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Rachel R
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Right on Sandy Beach- the best beach location in Rocky Point. This is the newest of the 4 Sonoran condo projects and well maintained. The pools are excellent with georgous beach views. No long walk thru the property to get to the beach. But no restaurant at the property, although plenty are nearby. The units are very modern, probably more so than your home. Wireless is slow, but works (use Skype for telephone).

Room Tip: rooms on West side are quieter. lots of noise from kids pool/slide and trailer park next door on Eas...
2  Thank tvlbuddy