“great place to stay”
Review of Playa Inn Hotel

Playa Inn Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Penasco
Playa Inn Hotel
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Puerto Penasco
Queen Creek, AZ.
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 19 October 2008

I booked 3 rooms for a weekend stay, mind you we are employed for eloy az correctional center.Yes,I also read the review on this hotel and did I regret of this. I tried to find a way out, I thought that it would be a night of terror.I was insure that it will be safe and to my true surprise it was very clean , well staff with friendly, professional and respectful employees.The pool is clean, jacuzzi was pleasant the continental breakfast was great.The security was great always showing there presence watching the cars in the parking lot as well as the hotel.I never seen any threating situation. I give this hotel two thumbs up we will stay in Playa Inn everytime we visit Puerto Penasco.Don't believe the negative reviews experience it for yourself you will not regret especially for the money.Oh ya,tell them that you want to speak to Barbra she is the one to book you for a fishing trip,by the way it was great.Thank you Playa Inn and to the staff, great work!From Martin Moreno

Stayed October 2008

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tucson
Reviewed 3 September 2008

Arrival: Despite having all my expedia confirmation information, was told at check-in that I did not have a reservation. The staff seemed uncaring, and our party waited half an hour while they tried to find my reservation. Then the owner, a very pleasant man, listens to my situation and says that he will find us a room, and we will get an upgrade to a full suite for all of our hassle. But, we have to check-back in 2 hours. Two hours later, we're put in a room that's not a full suite, not even the regular suite I wanted/needed, but a single room with 2 beds. A big problem since I booked a suite to ensure having 2 Queen beds and a sofa bed. Staff seemed totally uncaring to the fact that I'm now a bed short, and the room only had towels for 2 people. The owner was nowhere to be found.

Inquired about switching into a suite the next night, was told I'd have to check-in the morning-seriously what hotel doesn't know if they'll have a suite available the next night? We had an incredibly squished and cramped stay.

Asked for extra towels, they never arrived.

Telephone in the room was broken.

However the dining staff was very nice.

Don't trust what they say! You could stay at one of the new/nice hotels at the nicer beach for only a little bit more-I think it's worth it, that's what I'm doing next time.

• Liked — Pretty Bouganvilla plants surrounding the pool area
  • Disliked — Lost my reservation, then lied to me and stuck me in an inadequate room!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank PixterAZ

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Penasco hotels

Incline Village, Nevada
Reviewed 22 July 2008

I have been on this site for several years and I travel for a living so I am aware of what a hotel should be like.
First let me start by saying that the hotel itself is really not all that bad. I mean the air conditioner was solid and worked fine. The room was clean. The shower worked and we had hot water. We had a small ref and it kept the water cool. There were no insects or rodents running amuck. The hotel stadd were friendly. BUT!

The clients or "guests" that frequent this hotel will ruin your vacation. The non-stop boom box blasting from the pool of crappy latin rap/soul/CRAP never seems to end. The young hordes of screaming cildren with diapers and snot oozing from their screaming mouths will make your head explode. My favorite is the teenage or early twenty something loud mouth drunk cigarette smoking "guests" just trashing up the pool area and making it a nightmare stay. If you do go swimiming bring a skimmer to get the layer of??????? off the water.

As for the beach? This hotel should be called a beach resort like Key West should be called a Rocky Mountain getaway! The so called beach is gross. I have been to a lot of resorts and beaches in my time. The beach is littered with diapers and garbage and bums,, nice! And this hotel is located a long way from any so called beach. Screw it,, do yourself a favor and drive to San Diego. I mean it, I was so disappointed. The only redeeming quality is that the shops have some nice art pieces and that the food was rather good. We had a nice dinner at the lighthouse with a very nice view of the sunset but the service there was not so good and I had the shrimp which tasted like chlorine and be sure to have a 4x4 to drive up there.

My Spanish is not so good so maybe I have it all wrong,, maybe Playa means "haven for loud ,obnoxious, non-parenting, greasy, cigarette, drunk people haven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Air conditioner was cold
  • Disliked — LOUD! Terrible location
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TCHOW
Pheonix
Reviewed 7 July 2008

This hotel has new management, and my stay there was wonderful, clean and roach free.....The Playa Bonita is the scary one! I think you should see for yourself, that the Playa inn is the best for your money!!! They have a very polite staff, and a clean pool as well! They also have a boat called the CARNAVAL, witch is the BEST boat trip in Rocky point. It has a very good LIVE dj, (DJ SKRIBE) from phx,AZ, and alot more selection of free drinks..... Its like a your favorite dance club, on the water!!! The other boats have holes in them, and are very dangerous to ride in......That a TRUE FACT!!! So whatever review these guys have had in the past, ignore them and give em a shot, cause, they got it together now! ITS GREAT!!!)

• Liked — The Carnaval boat was the most fun I have ever had in my life!!!
  • Disliked — The older tourists!!!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PheonixBrandon
Ensenada, Mexico
Reviewed 11 June 2008

This was the first time we went to Peniasco and we didn't know what to expect travel the Baja all the time and go to Cabo often,we were really happy with Penasco and the Playa inn was super,the rooms are clean and the bed was real nice(some hotels in Mexico have horribly hard beds)the pool is nice and clean and it has a cute swim up bar.The restaurant is just ok.The security in the parking lot was real good.a guard is there all the time.All in all this is a great place to stay in Peniasco.

• Liked — nice room
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aprilstarr
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 June 2007

I had read the other reviews before booking and was a little nervous about booking, but I was going on a sold out weekend, and this hotel was the only thing I thought was half way decent that was still available. This place exceeded my expectations, the rooms were clean and we had hot water. I enjoyed the pool and had a great time partying with fellow patrons. In the morning, I ate at the cafe, and had some great breakfast, that was a surprise! The staff was nice to deal with and new a good deal of English as well. One complaint was the hard matresses, but I got used to it. I parked on the lot right outside, and was greeted by a security guard every time. I made sure to tip them, since they were on watch 24 hrs a day. I fet comfortable leaving my car there overnight without hesitation. Overall, this was a pleasant stay, if you want a place on a budget, definately stay here. It is not a 4-5 star resort by any means, but then again, who goes to Rocky Point to stay in their room? The beach and bars were close by which was a definate plus.

• Stayed May 2007
3 Thank Phxnative
phoenix
Reviewed 28 May 2007

All review I read pretty much said it was horrible, and to stay away from the bar, I was a spring breaker on a low budget, the only thing bad is the dirt parking lot is kinda creepy at night with no security, but if you have an alarm and park by your window its fine, my room was by the Bar, which I read was loud and noisy, on a Friday night during spring break, it was silent, then we had requested more towels, many times, and we got them every time, cuz we didnt want to reuse our soaking wet ones, the pool was clean, the counter people spoke english, but I could do enough spanish to get by and that worked better, the price was right and in our room we had a bed a bathroom a tv , which we picked up my local 12 news in english out of phoenix, I had a blast, we trusted the maids with much expensive stuff in our rooms, they didnt tamper with any of it, the room was kinda dumpy, but clean, it was not Las Conchas or anything resort like, but it was Affordable, and a great place to eat and sleep, because if you are going to Rocky Point, what more are you going to do? In Mexico, you get up everyday and leave, the beach is right down the street, you can access the beach in a 1/4 mile walk, and mannys is around the corner, Ice house is across the street from mannys and the underage "mannys" is close to it too, we had fun in Mexico, and enjoyed our stay at the Playa inn, too many people had too high of standards, you get what you pay for, but it is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be, The rooms look just like the pictures at [--] and they are fine, if you want a place to sleep, eat and leave, for however long, I highly recomend the playa inn, in fact my buddy and I are going back down in the middle of june, guess where we are staying? the playa inn.

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — The reviews stupid people gave
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends