“Nice Small Resort In Rocky Point”
Review of Pinacate Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Penasco
Pinacate Condos
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The Pinacate is right on the water, right next to Sandy beach and is also right in town so you can walk to restaurants and nightlife. It is smaller than the resorts further out on Sandy beach so is generally less crowded. Nice pool area, hot tub and BBQ pit. Good fishing from the rocks directly in front (no fishing license required in Mexico for fishing from shore). There is a computer room (also wireless throughout the property), an exercise room and gated parking. There are several good restaurants right across the street. Max's is always good. It is also right next to the hotel Penasco del Sol, with fancier dining. This has long been our favorite spot in Rocky Point.

Room Tip: FMI Rentals has an office right in the lobby and should take care of anything you need. http://www...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John G

Reviewed 24 November 2009

Construction all over the place. They woke us up at 9am with a lot of noise... they were remodeling the condo next door.. it was awful.. please before you decide to come.. call and make sure they are not working near your bedroom. We made reservations with seaside.. very poor service.. i recommend that you call directly to the condo administration.. i think it is RPR Mexico and make the reservations other wise you cant get all the benefits as a regular client.. no pool towels, no wireless... only for being with seaside.. so be careful.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mavituna
Reviewed 3 October 2008

Just returned from Pinacante Condos and it was great cuz nobody was there! We had the whole pool to ourselves. We stayed in room #409 and although it could use some new pots and pans and cable tv (we were soooo bored at night cuz nuthin is open except for a pizza place) this place was a 6 1/2 out of 10.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 18 August 2008

First of all, let me tell you to watch out if you book through www.rockypointres.com. They do not have their act together! The receipt confirmation that they sent us had the wrong check-in location, which had us on a wild goose chase until we learned the new check-in location is actually in the hotel lobby! I am still waiting a $20 refund that they had pre-charged me to have a fifth person in my condo, who ended up not coming.
Anyways, the resort itself is great! We stayed in unit B206 and B103- which was ground floor ocean front. They were both wonderfully equipt and quite roomy for 4 people in each room. The pool next door at Penasco Del Sol is so fun during the day time, they have a pool bar and volleyball and music all day. Pinacate is just a short walk to the beach where you can catch a banana boat ride or rnt jet skis. Rcky Point is one of the best vacation vaues out there. You get a lot for your dollar!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 11 December 2006

Recently, my wife and I stayed at the Pinacate Condos in Peuerto Penasco, Rocky Point, Mexico. It was our first time at the Pinacate, and knowing the age of the property, we were not sure what to expect. We chose the Pinacate due to how close it is to town, so we had easy access to many of the different places we love to visit. We chose not to drive this time, and instead called a new shuttle service out of Phoenix called Sea Side Shuttle. They offer round trip rides for $99 per person. That is the best rate we found after serching the internet. Once we began talking to Sea Side Shuttle about transportation, we found out they also offer lodging at many of the beautiful Resorts on Sandy Beach, including the Pinacate, where we had already planned to stay. We were able to book our condo at an Off Season rate, and secure our ride to and from Penasco. Sea Side sure made it easy for my wife and I. I am glad we spent the time to do our research. Now, if we decide not to drive in the future, we know who to call. Sea Side Reservations is truly "The Rocky Point Experts!"

Mr. Sutton of Scottsdale, Arizona

Stayed: November 2006
6  Thank SheaMexico
Reviewed 20 June 2006

Nice inviting property. Very well maintained grounds. Our room had a great view of the pool and the ocean. However, I felt that our room needed a lot of updating. We rented the one bedroom condo - upper level #301. It had out dated and old kitchen applicances. The bedroom needs a lot of updating. I felt we were sleeping in a little girls room. The furniture in there was small and I am not a tall person I am 5 feet tall and felt that the scale of the furniture was to little. The mattress looked and felt like they were at least 15 years old. They were really low to the floor. When I lifted the sheet to see what was under there (I was checking for bed bugs) I found that they had placed a thin piece of foam on the top of the mattress as to cover up the uncomfortable board of a mattress that they had in there. When it came to pull out the sofa bed, there was no bed sheets for the kids to use. The thin sofa mattress had a mattress pad covering it. I wish I would have know to take my own sheets. But the web site states that linens are included. As for the BEACH I am was deeply sadened that there was so much trash, there is a ton of broken glass on the beach so you must wear flip flops on the beach, they allow fireworks on the beach so the debis is left behind. People need to pick up after them selves stop being so lazy. Those waters will be polluted in no time. I feel so sorry for the all animal life in the ocean That city needs to hire people to pick up the trash and they need a lot of trash cans on that beach area.

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank claudjon
A TripAdvisor Member
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 1 December 2005

I was SHOCKED to read all the negative reviews of the Pinacate. We went to Rocky Point for the first time over Thanksgiving and found the Pinacate to be much nicer than we had expected. I guess it depends on which condo you get. We stayed in room 119 and it was absolutly gorgeous! Everything worked perfectly and the furnishings were beautiful. The closet was stocked with DVD's, video's, books and games. There were 3 t.v.'s with built in DVD players and vcr's and an X-box with plenty of games! The pool areas were clean and offered both a childrens splash pool and regular pools (although the water was much too cold to swim in November). The hot tub was nice and my 4 year old was not barred as another reviewer's child was. It was very quiet and peaceful and we always felt safe. The fire pit and BBQ were also nice touches.

Now for the down side. It was a very long walk down to the beach. I agree with other reviewers that the beach there was just o.k.-nothing great. We found it faster to drive to Playa Bonita or Manny's and walk the short distance to the beach from there. They have a small store in the lobby but no restaurant. However, there were so many food places just across the street so that never bothered us. Although it was within walking distance to stores for shopping, there were also some "shady" establishments close by.

Overall, we had a great experience and would recommend the Pinacate to anyone (especially room 119). The owner also owns the room next door and a beach front room but I can't remember the number. You'd have to ask reservations. I hope this helps!

• Stayed: November 2005