“Had a great time at the Pinacate!”
Review of Pinacate Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Penasco
Pinacate Condos
A TripAdvisor Member
“Had a great time at the Pinacate!”
Reviewed 1 December 2005

I was SHOCKED to read all the negative reviews of the Pinacate. We went to Rocky Point for the first time over Thanksgiving and found the Pinacate to be much nicer than we had expected. I guess it depends on which condo you get. We stayed in room 119 and it was absolutly gorgeous! Everything worked perfectly and the furnishings were beautiful. The closet was stocked with DVD's, video's, books and games. There were 3 t.v.'s with built in DVD players and vcr's and an X-box with plenty of games! The pool areas were clean and offered both a childrens splash pool and regular pools (although the water was much too cold to swim in November). The hot tub was nice and my 4 year old was not barred as another reviewer's child was. It was very quiet and peaceful and we always felt safe. The fire pit and BBQ were also nice touches.

Now for the down side. It was a very long walk down to the beach. I agree with other reviewers that the beach there was just o.k.-nothing great. We found it faster to drive to Playa Bonita or Manny's and walk the short distance to the beach from there. They have a small store in the lobby but no restaurant. However, there were so many food places just across the street so that never bothered us. Although it was within walking distance to stores for shopping, there were also some "shady" establishments close by.

Overall, we had a great experience and would recommend the Pinacate to anyone (especially room 119). The owner also owns the room next door and a beach front room but I can't remember the number. You'd have to ask reservations. I hope this helps!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 26 November 2005

We just got back from Rocky Point where we stayed at the Pinacate Condos. This was not a horrible place, but it was also not the nicest. I am sure for a little bit more money we could have had much nicer lodging. When we opened the door to our condo there was a horrible stench coming from the bathroom (our friends were right next door and theres was the same way). After we turned the air conditioning on the smell went away??? There was no restaraunt or bar on the premises....you had to go to town to get a margarita or beer. This is not what we were expecting....we do not expect 4 star hotels in Mexico, but the Pinacate does not compare to any of the other places we have stayed at. I think Rocky Point has a few more years ahead of them to be compared to Puerto Vallarta or Cabo. The pool was like ice water, and the staff would not let my four year old son in the jacuzzi, that was disappointing. Overall our stay was "ok", if we return to Rocky Point we would not stay at the Pinacate condos. If you want a great dinner and excellent service, try "Senor Shrimp" in the fish market. They have excellent fajitas (shrimp and beef) and the margaritas were great too!! The staff was very attentive!!

12 Thank babypaige
Mesa, AZ
Reviewed 6 November 2005

The condo itself was beautiful and had a gorgeous view of the pool and beach. Unfortunately, there's an outdoor night club across the street that was blasting music so loud, I could hear it through my earplugs. Add to that the screaming of several young dancers all night long, and you have what amounts to comfortable but ultimately useless lodging. If you can't get some rest, then why bother? I've had better sleep in Las Vegas.

Also, our shower was broken and the repairman didn't fix it, even though he came by and replaced the broken part. I'll never forget being on my knees, holding the "plunger" up so that my husband could take a shower.

6 Thank travelingstace
Reviewed 27 August 2005

Stayed at Pinacate Condos. It was definitely not what I expected after reading the reviews. Have traveled to many places and this was definitely below what I expected. The condo was a 2 bedroom and was OK, nothing great. Advisertises daily maid service and we never received it - we had to call for towels and never received the maid service. Bring your own water because they advertise they give it to you but after the 1st few gallons, they charge you. The pool needs a lot of work. Tiles missing and I don't think the filter was working properly because there were clorine granuales everywhere. The beach was a big disappointment. It is not beach front or access from what I am used to. Pinacate should change there web site. We left a day early because you couldn't go in the pool or sit at the beach. You have to walk far to get to stairs and then the beach was not at all nice. There was garbage everywhere. Horses on the beach and the beach was not white and sandy as advertised. The web site for the condos makes it look a lot nicer then it is. Food was also expensive. If I were to return I definitely would not stay at Pinacate I would try the other side of the Island. But I doubt I will return. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 July 2005

When we arrived, there was sour milk in the refrigerator and the inside of the refrigerator had mold growing. We sat down to watch a movie that we brought and both televisions were broken, including the dvd and tape players. As it got dark, we noticed that light bulbs were missing from some of the lamps. When we pulled out the sofa bed for our children, the springs were broken and the mattress fell through. There was no maid service during three nights except after the first day they emptied the trash. We had to clean out the refrigerator ourselves. The blinds on the front window did not close all the way and people walking through the hall could watch us in bed. The shower was broken but was usable. There was a journal in the room and we noticed that several weeks prior there was mention of the televisions not working and the sofa bed being broken, apparently management does not care. The only reason we stayed there was because the Sonoran resorts were booked.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 1 June 2005

Nice property. Clean. View of the beach. Multiple swimming pools, pristine blue. Guarded parking lot. Clean room. Great place to bring the family or just a romantic getaway. It's not as isolated as the other resorts. There's plenty of things to do right outside the condo.

I've stayed at other "hotels" in Rocky Point and didn't like the high school / college party crowd. The prices here weed out the riff raff which makes for a quiet stay.

Highly recommended. I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2005
2 Thank ThomasfromPhoenix
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 19 May 2005

We visited the Pinacate on advice from this website and it was a great choice. We used Seaside Reservation service. Basically you visit their website, make a reservation online for one of their condos, fax an acceptance sheet to them, and finally check in with them on the day of arrival. There is a $100 cash deposit, but you get it all back, but remember the rent is really cheap compared to something similar in San Diego. We went with 2 other couples and rented the 3 bedroom condo (ocean front) #501. It was gorgeous. The condo had all the appliances we needed, 3 queen beds, cable, and a stunning view of the water and beach. It was clean, comfortable, spacious and inviting. The Pinacate is close to everything and we were within walking distance to restaurants, bars, the pool and the beach! Beware that you may have to bribe the parking lot security guard to bring a 2nd car into the parking lot, as they only allow one per condo. This is a really fantastic property with every possible amenity and an ideal location, make your reservation now!

• Stayed May 2005